Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Modified Webdev CSS

HTML and Style Sheets

Modified Webdev CSS

Customize your galleries.
pstewart

Modified Webdev CSS

Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:45 pm

Have a look and see what you think.

I modified the webdev style to get rid of the gray filter and rollover features which made it dark, and replaced it with a gold frame for rollovers, then changed the colors to soft gray-greens. I also removed the black borders and made a few other changes.

I notice that webdev has two-tone boxes around the thumbnails in IE but not with Netscape, but I think it looks okay both ways. I just wonder why the boxes don't show up in Netscape? Guess I'll take that question over to the styles forum. Meanwhile, I would appreciate some input as to how this looks on your computer-browser combination.

minoltaman

Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:44 am

IE6 win98 is good but I still see some borders.

With Mozilla firebird the text is left justified below the photo(not thumbnail) instead of centered on the photo itself but the borders are gone.

Not sure if I care for the colours but that could just be my preference. Hope that helps.

pstewart

Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:17 am

You are supposed to see light green borders (boxes) with the thumbs sitting inside them, so IE is seeing what I intended. Rollover should show gold borders around the boxes. You say you still see "some borders." Do you mean the original webdev narrow black borders? If so, on the thumbs or large pics or both?

Netscape doesn't let the boxes/borders show, nor the gold rollover boxes, but as long as the text under the thumbs looks okay that's fine. I don't want any black borders though.

You say Mozilla shows the text off center under the pic, but that's the large pic, right? Is it centered okay under the thumbs?

Appreciate input and info, since I don't have a PC here to view it on...just Linux and Mac machines.

mikelly

Try the following, I think that it will help

Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:46 pm

Look at my site: http://www.pbase.com/mikelly

It is a modified webdev style that I changed in a similar way to your site. It takes care of the off-center title under the larger photos.

It also gives you the frames around the thumbnails. Take a look at it and see if you can modify it for your colors.

Hope this helps.

Mike

alcineia

pstewart

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:45 pm

I just uploaded my first gallery and I do want to get rid of that opacity thing. How do you do that? Thank you

areid

Re: pstewart

Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:14 pm

alcineia wrote:I just uploaded my first gallery and I do want to get rid of that opacity thing. How do you do that? Thank you

You need to take out the "filter....opacity=60" line. I've been tinkering with it myself and have learned a lot from some of the helpful members here. Here is my new verstion:

http://www.pbase.com/areid/test_gallery

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Modified Webdev CSS