Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets new default stylesheet: webdev

HTML and Style Sheets

new default stylesheet: webdev

Customize your galleries.
thewedding

webdev stylesheet

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:50 am

thnx for the comments.. indead the css is not w3 valid because it uses ie specific features same could be said if I would have used corner radious effects that are mozilla specific. both implement there own features. I choose to implement the IE filters because most ppl use IE 5.5 or higher and it wil give no errors in other browsers although mozilla renders the tables different but pbase does not allow you to change class names so it kind of a hack to get the stylesheet to work as it is...

although it is easely possible to get the mouse over effects (borders) in mozilla but not the shade en opacity change.(maybe in it's latest revision -moz-opacity:x.xx )

I'm building on 4 new css files thats who will support mozilla etc better and for many user some light colored versions since not everyone calibrates their monitor or use a tft screen ..because it looks better with less color ? :)

wel hope it helps.. I wil bee posting the new css files in my gallery shortly

hope it helps, webdev - pim

geystor

Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:15 am

Hy,
I'm a newcomer to PBase, and even more to HMTL and CSS.
For my gallery, I chose Webdev without hesitation, although, as some of you say, text color is a bit weak for my eyes (or is it the other way round ?).
I'm trying to learn and understand CSS, and this brings up my question - in the books I bought, I don't see anywhere a specification for "a:hover". Yet, it works very conveniently. The books are the latest from O'Reilly. What am I missing ?
I use IE5 on Mac OSX.
You're welcome to visit my "macro safari round the home" gallery.
Here, I should insert a link, but am not sure as to how it is done. Here goes (sorry if it doesn't work) :
<a href="http://pbase.com/geystor" /a>
Regards to all
Dimitri

Previous

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets new default stylesheet: webdev