Board index PBase Show and Tell Very Colourful Words...Graffiti Museum Companion Gallery

Show and Tell

Very Colourful Words...Graffiti Museum Companion Gallery

Announce and discuss your photos.
minoltaman

Very Colourful Words...Graffiti Museum Companion Gallery

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:52 pm

This gallery is the companion gallery to the Graffiti Museum. This gallery contains tags, sigs, and other jargon and graffiti stuffs painted on walls around my area. Very colourful and quite an number of pics to view. If you enjoyed the Graffiti Museum this one should work for you too. This gallery contains all of the artist street sigs that painted the images in the graffiti museum. Sort of a tribute to them I guess. Enjoy and thanks for viewing.

http://www.pbase.com/minoltaman/word

Last edited by minoltaman on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

pstewart

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:15 pm

You say these are painted around your area? Do you live in a big city? I have never seen graffiti of any kind in my IL town, yet you find this huge collection in your area. Very strange. Anyway, if you live amongst all this graffiti, looks as if it could be a dangerous place! Be careful out there!

minoltaman

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:31 pm

I have never seen graffiti of any kind in my IL town, yet you find this huge collection in your area. Very strange.

I don't think you venture into the correct areas of the city Phyllis. Head into some different burbs with a higher latino population. You are sure to find some there. They paint some of the best stuff here. Or just head into the known "colourful" parts of of the big city. I used to live in Waukeegan and North Chicago and I can remember lots of graffiti around. Could'nt keep it off the buildings in NC. I have another area scoped out I want to shoot next. Hopefully before it gets to freezing here. Head over by the Great Lakes Naval Base you will be sure to find some if you can't find any anywhere else.

PS...You know where I live anyway, I have told you before. It's less than an hour from you. I'll be careful and thanks.

minoltaman

Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:36 pm

This gallery no contains over 90 pieces. At one time it contained over 160 words of the street pieces. Now only the best and most colourful remain. The less artistic ones have been split off to other galleries in the basement. This gallery is very colourful. Thanks to everyone who has viewed it already and if you missed it before come check it out now if you have the time. I still have tons more pics to send up. Thanks again.

http://www.pbase.com/minoltaman/word

Board index PBase Show and Tell Very Colourful Words...Graffiti Museum Companion Gallery