Board index PBase Show and Tell Show & Tell Contest #21 - Results!

Show and Tell

Show & Tell Contest #21 - Results!

Announce and discuss your photos.
kman627

Show & Tell Contest #21 - Results!

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:32 pm

Thanks you to everyone for participating in this weeks contest. There were so many great entries and it was very difficult to choose a winner. Great job everyone. So here's the winners:

3rd Place:
Third place goes to Peter Eklof. I chose this one because it has such a wonderful fine art feel to it. Great use of B&W and I love the facial expression. Nice work Peter! View Peter's Galleries here: Peter Eklof

2nd Place:

Second place goes to Fran Hallett. This is an excellent photograph! Dogs know how to relax in the best places and this is a great example of that. Nice work Fran! Check out Fran's galleries here: Fran Hallett

1st place:

This weeks winner of the Show & Tell contest is Richard Anderson. I loved this image the moment I saw it. It's the way animals interact with us that makes them so special and so important to us. I feel that this is an excellent example of that bond and connection. Excellent work Richard and congratulations. Contest #22 is all yours! Check out Richard's Galleries here: Richard Anderson

dominiccantin

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:12 pm

Congrats to the winners ! It's deserved !

Dom :)

agroni

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:05 pm

Congrats to the winner, a really great shot witha wondergul DOF.
Cheers ;)

kinsborough

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:59 pm

Cool

rsub8

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:26 pm

Congratulations. They are all excellent choices.

However, I seemed to remember seeing that image posted as a Large size image (confirmed by looking at my archive of the thread, and checking it again now). I thought that that was violation of the contest rules, which I suppose the Judge didn't read, either:

kman627 wrote:
The Rules:

3. Post only the medium versions of you picture. Larger versions will not be considered.

By this standard, the winning image should have been disqualified. That would have been a pity, but on the other hand, why bother having "rules" if they're ignored? Isn't that unfair to the entrants who do read and follow the rules? :?

kman627

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:34 am

Great point you've brought up there and I completely overlooked that this image did violate the rules. I do pay attention to the rules and for some reason it just didn't click that the winning image was in the wrong size. Had I know that I would have been forced not to pick the image as the winner. But there's really nothing that can be done about it at this point. I think perhaps this rule needs to be emphasized more so that everyone is perfectly clear on the rules. It would be nice if there was some way that a mod could delete any images that do not follow this rule. Anyway, thanks for pointing this out and I appologize for my oversite.

Regards,

Kyle

rsub8

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:01 pm

Thank you, Kyle.

Board index PBase Show and Tell Show & Tell Contest #21 - Results!