Board index PBase Show and Tell ***Winners of the 26th Show and Tell Competition

Show and Tell

***Winners of the 26th Show and Tell Competition

Announce and discuss your photos.
agroni

***Winners of the 26th Show and Tell Competition

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:42 pm

Sorry for the delay with the results, but i was a little busy this Saturday :)

I had a tough time on choosing the right one since there were two fighting for the first place. But finally here they are

Honorable #3:billinchapelhill
I love the contrast between the children, representing maybe two diferent ages, styles, emotions....great!

Honorable #2:jseltzer
The contrast of this curved shape gives a unique value to the upper surface.

Honorable #1:rileypm
This half image of this personality tells a great story. The shadow and light give a very interesting facial presentation.

#Third prize:kzaret
Cool and spooky frame. The low light gives a very interesting composition which gives the skulls a great 3dimensionality

##Second Prize:hoopy
Perfect image! The lighting is just perfect where it it represents the musculature of this person. Well done with this one!

###First Prize:ttfl
This composition is amazing. The Cathedral has a spectacular shadow and light with a high contrast which makes this a great dramatic scene. To this dramatic scene the sun rays give a more value. Great moment to take the picture:

The next competition will bi hosted by Thierry Lucas!
It was an honor to host this one and i hope you like the theme...
see you guys on the next competition :)

chelm

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:02 am

Congratulations to all -- I thought that shot was outstanding as well.

rileypm

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:35 am

Congratulations to the winners and a big thank you for the honorable mention!

ivinghoe

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:20 pm

Well done everyone, there were some great pictures in this weeks competition!
The shortlisted photos are outstanding but ttfl`s winning photograph was certainly eyecatching and deseveredly made top spot :)

jestev

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:16 pm

Nice job! Great shots!
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

kzaret

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:20 am

Thanks Agron and congrats to the winning shot, which is very impressive. Most of all, glad to see B/W holding forth on pbase!
http://www.pbase.com/kzaret

carinoza

CONGRATS TO ALL!

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:11 am

Though I have a long way to go (this contest was probably my first involvement in Show and Tell) there is much to learn and tips to pick up in these forums. Thanx everyone for sharing!

Especially to our hard-working moderators like srijith for updating the "Tips on How to Post" in the forum. I nearly went nuts endlessly editing and trying to figure it out .... now I'm on a roll!

http://www.pbase.com/carinoza

dominiccantin

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:09 am

Congrats to all winners !

Agron , you made an excellent decision for the first place , it was my choice too ;)

Dom :)

me_photoshots

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:54 pm

Congrats to all winners ! Keep it up..

Cheer.

aperture13

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:52 am

First congrats to ttfl an amazing shot!!!

Wow 2nd I'm stunned and honored, there are so many great photos in this version of the contest some of the best I've seen posted here in awhile.

Board index PBase Show and Tell ***Winners of the 26th Show and Tell Competition