Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS!!! 33rd Edition of Show and Tell Competition

Show and Tell

WINNERS!!! 33rd Edition of Show and Tell Competition

Announce and discuss your photos.
timgoodspeed

WINNERS!!! 33rd Edition of Show and Tell Competition

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:46 am

Some really nice winter landscapes. Thanks to all who entered.
Getting right to it...

HONORABLE MENTIONS (No particular order):

Henrik Anderson

Great sky and leading line of the benches into this scene.
Henrik has other excellent images of Moscow on his site.

RSUB8

An amazing panorama. Painterly.

THIRD PLACE

Kerry Mitchell

Kerry is a fantastic photographer this is just one of her many great shots from the land of Kiwi.
Check out her gallery "Matukituki Valley Trip, Mt Aspiring National Park" for more.

SECOND PLACE

Erwin Maes

I really like the mood of this shot. The image has great depth to it.
Holds the viewers interest to explore deeper into the shot. Excellent B&W.

AND THE WINNER IS...

Ron Gile

I am very jealous of this image. I love low-light photography and this is
an excellent shot of Douglas Harbor before sunrise. Ron obviously
braved the cold to capture this photo. Well done, the detail is amazing.

becky_stead

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:33 am

Wow all these shots are amazing congrats everyone especially Ron Gile. The image is just so crisp its reall beautiful!!

agroni

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:03 am

Congrats to the winners ;)

evledstudio

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:21 am

Thoughtfull choice Tim and congrats to the winners.
Grts
Joy

orillia

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:04 pm

Congratulations folks. Great photos all around.

tazman0895

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:09 pm

Tim, Thank you for the honor of your pick. There were so many excellent photos that it must have been very hard to choose. I have been passing on little tips to my 14 year old daughter that when out shooting to look around. This shot was to kill time while waiting for a potential sunrise which was to occur back behind me. It was still so dark at this point that you couldn't see the mountain and it developed nicely with the long exposure. Thanks again. I will pick the new subject by tonight. Ron

downsouthlivin

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:21 am

Real good choices, Tim - the quality of the shots in this competition was awesome an' ah'd jist like to say that there's a lotta talented people on Pbase an' ah love lookin at the galleries - great stuff!

Mike

kerrym

My Shot

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:17 pm

Thank you Tim for your pickings, I feel very honoured :D Congratulations to the winners.

It was photographed at a very scenic place in the South Island of New Zealand - Lake Tekapo.

The photo was taken after my region had the heaviest snowfall since 60 years leaving snow right down to sea level, and even on the beach. Our infrastructure was not prepared for such a heavy snowfall, and it left many people without power and some with no electricity for up to two weeks. So it definitely warranted a scenic trip to view. I also had the privilege of having this one printed (first ever) in a photographic book which was created to mark the rare event and was delighted when the author told me he almost selected this for the front cover - he had his selection down to two photos, chosen out of 5000. That was enough to keep me beaming for a while.
Kerry Mitchell NZ
http://www.pbase.com/kerrym

Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS!!! 33rd Edition of Show and Tell Competition