Board index PBase Show and Tell 45-th Show and tell competition : Winners

Show and Tell

45-th Show and tell competition : Winners

Announce and discuss your photos.
a_zeitler

Post Wed May 02, 2007 10:30 pm

Look what happened. Everyone who had something to say about honeybeejoy winning and hosting a show and tell competition scared her from pbase. What kind of community is this? I thought the Show and tell competitions were strictly for fun? Since when was there monetary value set forth to the winners? Is there a job attached to winning these contests? Is it even worth putting on a stupid resume? Some people need to lighten up and have fun.

Yes, This is a competition run by the community members and not by the admins. There will be flaws and rules overlooked. Do you see every member complaining on how the contest was run? no... just those that lost or received no recognition. These members are probably upset from the fact that honeybeejoy (a model) won the last competition. Who cares? She put forth just as much effort as the photographer to make those shots happen. If it were not for those two working together, those photos would never have been created. It is as much her photograph that won as it is the photographers... especially if he has given her rights to them.

Since everyone felt like bashing honeybeejoy for winning and hosting the competition, I thought I would add my three cents and show a different perspective. If you agree with me... great. If you don't... then that is your choice.

rileypm

Post Thu May 03, 2007 12:17 am

It does not matter if honeybeejoy is a model, photographer, or some kid pulling photos out of a shoe box and posting them. Honeybeejoy is a paying member of pbase and a member of our community. I hope everyone is satisfied now.

downsouthstories

Post Thu May 03, 2007 1:10 am

Ah couldn't agree more with the last 2 posts. Ah deliberately held of takin full membership as ah wasn't to sure.

In the last month ah have been slated for ma dialect an for postin while beein a "Guest" . Have to point out though that the vast majority a Pbase users are decent, good humored folks, so ah've now taken out full membership an look forward to sharin photos, critique an laughs with y'all.

Joy did her very best to run the last competition well. (she obviously didn't mean to offend anyone). Ah jist wish some folk would lighten up a bit!

Mike :roll:

Previous

Board index PBase Show and Tell 45-th Show and tell competition : Winners