Board index PBase Show and Tell 121st Show & Tell Competition: Tourist Agent for a Day! - WINNER

Show and Tell

121st Show & Tell Competition: Tourist Agent for a Day! - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
mcgarva

bartoszkotulski

Post Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Thank you all for the amazing trip round the world to some spectacular locations.
This was tough and there was so many potential winners with high quality images.
The theme has got me thinking of visiting many places or sheer beauty!
I have firstly shown picked some images that came very close and the artists should be commended for their imagery through the lens.

COMMENDED: the mood captured in this image of New Orleans Jackson Square by BUDOHIO is superb!

COMMENDED: The sheer beauty of Pauanui Beach, New Zealand portrayed by GROMPEM

COMMENDED: There is no doubt of the professionalism in this image of Bagan, Burma by CLYNE.
Already featured in a photography magazine, simply stunning!

COMMENDED: The mood & lighting of Gotham City (Chicago) is sublime.
TERRYBOWKER has captured a very dramatic image and threw some humour in as well!
No sign of the Joker!

COMMENDED: This image got the “charm” award.
Such strong lighting, mood and charisma in this image by JLBRILLET set in Vietnam.

COMMENDED: Closer to home JERSEYFINN has captured a stunning image of London under the magic light.
This vibrant colours and light on the houses of parliament is perfect!

COMMENDED: An image fit for a tourist agents magazine.
Great post processing treatment from ANNELANCE to capture the Sunset Dancer Hawaii.

COMMENDED: This is a special award to a new PBase member this year, BRETAGNEZ, who at the tender age of sixteen
has captured a wonderful image of Aboyne, Scotland. Great to see such photographic talent and passion at a young age!

And finally my top three images.
The wonderful thing about photography is everyone views something different in an image and everyone would have a different top three.
These are the images that caught my imagination!

3rd Place - Madrid – This picture by MONKEYPAINTER just stuck with me as soon as I saw it! Images of landscapes & cityscapes
can capture the beauty of a place but it takes a very special picture to capture the mood and romance of a location.
Special mention for a very strong trio of images entered!

2nd Place – Pure beauty! What can I say that the picture doesn’t say for itself, strong composition, great lighting and a sublime sky.
A real sense of tranquillity and peacefulness in this shot of New Zealand by BODEKJOLA.
A special mention also for a very strong trio of images

THE WINNER in 1st Place – This image simply mesmerises me and I can’t help having another look.
For the great outdoors and natures beauty what could be a better advert?
Rolling hills and a moody sky perfectly captured and framed against a stark tree!
Congratulations to BARTOSZKOTULSKI for capturing this masterpiece of Connemara National Park, Ireland.

Thank you all for participating and please congratulate the winners!

monkeypainter

121st Show & Tell Competition: Tourist Agent for a Day! - WI

Post Wed May 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Wow!

I won the bronze medal!!!

Thanx McGarva!

I'm very happy to have been selected among this fantastic photographs!

You are all invited to visit the rest of my galleries and leave there tons of votes an comments! :D :D :D

agroni

Re: 121st Show & Tell Competition: Tourist Agent for a Day! - WI

Post Thu May 21, 2009 8:55 am

nice...congrats to all :)

mashona

Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Could I ask BARTOSZKOTULSKI if his shot is a composite image? The lack of shadow on the ground around the tree? the forground hills and the background hills, 3 seperate imagesThe lack of camera exif information ?Think the result is outstanding however

Regards

gpmerfeld

Post Sat May 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Congratulations to all for such fine images!

I wrote a Message to the winner informing him of his win, as it seems he may not know...

bartoszkotulski

Post Sun May 24, 2009 10:20 am

Hi Folks. I didn't know that i won:).Thanks a lot McGarva for that. I made already new contest and i hope so that everybody will understand what i am toking about:)
The first place photo i have taken few weeks ago in Connemara National Park just few minutes drive from Letterfrack. Weather was just wonderful.
This is HDR from three shots.I used Sigma 12-24, tripod and cokin 121s.
All the best and of course You are very welcome to my galleries to leave same criticism and votes:)
Bartosz

Board index PBase Show and Tell 121st Show & Tell Competition: Tourist Agent for a Day! - WINNER