Board index PBase Show and Tell 182nd Show & Tell Competition: Creative Product Images - WIN

Show and Tell

182nd Show & Tell Competition: Creative Product Images - WIN

Announce and discuss your photos.
a_zeitler

182nd Show & Tell Competition: Creative Product Images - WIN

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:30 am

Ok Guys, Time for the results. Very tough to narrow the results down, Loved the photos.

Honorable Mentions:
All images portary some very creative touches to the simple things that we use and see everyday. It was hard to narrow it down to three entries, but here we go...

Peter Stubley

Juan Leon

monica memoli

Third Place:
viljamix
Very creative, Nice compostion and angle. The mouse trap makes you think for a second about what the actual item is... a mouse, a computer mouse. I love the creative touch of adding the windows logo to the mouse trap as the bait. Not sure if this is an insult on windows or an image promoting another copmuter brand, like apple... but it defenitely tells a story. It does have a slightly "over-photoshopped" feel to it, but that is out weighed by the story and humor.

Second Place:
Terry Bowker
A very simple shot on an everyday object. The composition falls easily into the rule of thirds, so it is pleasing to the eye. The lighting is somewhat intruiging... The simple single light setup can cause the shadow falling across the foreground, But I am having some trouble in figuring how the front of the item is lit up so well, that you are able to see what it is. Generally, with a single light setup, with the light behind the subject, should cause the front of the subject to fall into shadow. Great use of bouce/reflection or fill flash. Very simple yet intruiging lighting and composition, Love it!

First Place:
Brad Claypole.
First off, I have to mention that I am by no means a sports fan. I cannot stand sports and despise hearing about any sports related news or gossip. So this image was chosen purely for the details. This image demonstrates everything required for a creative product shot. The angle, composition are truely unique. By using the selective coloring only on the hockey stick draws your eye directly to the object/product that is the main focus, also by having the stick as the only sharp item in the photo, you know what your looking at only after you decipher the rest of the photo and identify what is in the action blur. I could easily see this as an advertisement in a magazine.
Nikon D200 MB-D200; Sony Nex-5n; Nikon 28-105 F3.5-4.5 D; Nikon 50mm F1.8 D; Nikon 85mm F1.8; Tokina 12-24 F4 DX AT-X Pro; Sigma 70-200 F2.8; Nikon SB800; Manfrotto 303plus; Lowepro Slingshot 302AW; Heliopan 77mm Thin Circular Polarizer

pstubley

Re: 182nd Show & Tell Competition: Creative Product Images - WIN

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:41 am

Thanks for the honourable mention. Congratulations Brad on the win: well deserved.

fishit

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 am

All excellent choices, it was a good idea for a theme, you had some tough choices.
Congrats to the winners! .

gillk

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:35 am

Congratulations to Brad and other winners and HMs - great challenge
GillK

bclaypole

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 am

Awesome - thanks so much. Made my day for sure! Thanks to Aaron for coming up with a great contest. I'll have the next one up soon.
Brad

terrybowker

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:14 pm

Congratulations to Brad! Many nice images congratulations to all of the winners!
Thanks so much for second place also! The lighting in my image was from a a single $2 flash light I bought in Hong Kong. ; )

jlben

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Great choice! Congrats Brad :D

impalass

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Congrats Brad excellent shot, and to all the rest well done, a great contest. Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers...Mike

carol202

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 pm

All great shots. I really appreciate the very educational commentary on why each photo was chosen.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 182nd Show & Tell Competition: Creative Product Images - WIN