Board index PBase Show and Tell 195th Show & Tell Competition: Modes of Road Transportation

Show and Tell

195th Show & Tell Competition: Modes of Road Transportation

Announce and discuss your photos.
andrewd_za

Post Sat May 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Damn damn damn,... :)

I returned today from a business trip and did not access pbase whilst travelling.

Thank you very much to Gillk for the first place and also thank you toTerry for stepping in and setting up the next competition as a result of my 'no show'.

That's how the cookie crumbles.

Best of luck

Andrew
Last edited by andrewd_za on Sat May 07, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrewd_za

Post Sat May 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Hmm

I see the new contest button is available to me now and obviously puts a spanner in the works for the automation of the system... who is best to contact to address this?

What is the general consensus of the pbase community in how situations like this should be addressed?

Give the winner 3-4 days (?) to initiate new after which the 'new contest' option should be assigned to the '2nd place winner' automatically? I have no idea hoe easy/difficult it is to set it up like that...

<edit>

see 'fishit' also expressed similar thoughts on the issue earlier in the thread... :)

gillk

Post Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Andrew, I don't think Terry has actually started the new competition - why don't you go ahead ?
Gill
IGNORE !!
Last edited by gillk on Sat May 07, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gillk

Re: 195th Show & Tell Competition: Modes of Road Transportation

Post Sat May 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Oh, yes he did - sorry, didn't scroll down far enough
Gill

terrybowker

Post Sun May 08, 2011 11:43 am

andrewd_za wrote:Hmm

I see the new contest button is available to me now and obviously puts a spanner in the works for the automation of the system... who is best to contact to address this?

What is the general consensus of the pbase community in how situations like this should be addressed?

Give the winner 3-4 days (?) to initiate new after which the 'new contest' option should be assigned to the '2nd place winner' automatically? I have no idea hoe easy/difficult it is to set it up like that...

<edit>

see 'fishit' also expressed similar thoughts on the issue earlier in the thread... :)

I would not object at all it you wanted to start a contest Andrew, I thought it was a shame that you missed out because you were traveling.

Terry

andrewd_za

Post Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Thank you for the offer Terry - but 'the show must go on' :)
It was my unavailability last week that led to this situation and it would not be right to stop yours at this point in time...
it would just confuse matters if we try something else now - ny only concern is the automated part of the competition.

Regards

andrew

Previous

Board index PBase Show and Tell 195th Show & Tell Competition: Modes of Road Transportation