Board index PBase Show and Tell 208th Show & Tell Competition: Art in Architecture - WINNER

Show and Tell

208th Show & Tell Competition: Art in Architecture - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
azicit

grompem

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:59 pm

First my apologies for the delay in announcing the winners. I was "off the grid" for longer than expected

Honorable Mentions

Loved this for its haunting simplicity. It really draws you into the image to ponder and wonder

Didnt think this was "off topic" at all. I really loved the use of framing with the old window . Nicely seen, great composition.

Third Place - great colors, shapes and patterns

Second Place
What an amazing cacophony of colors

and

Your first place winner.....Congratulations to Markus Grompe

I was so drawn to the lines curves. lights and shadows in this image. the people occupying a different part of each space creates separation an added interest. Nice work

incal

Re: 208th Show & Tell Competition: Art in Architecture - WINNER

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 pm

I would have chosen same winner, this picture has endless readiness. Congrats !

jlben

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Thank you very much for second place Suzanne, and congrats to Markus, great shot!

terrybowker

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Very nice subject and selection of winners! Congratulations to Markus and all of the other winners!

pajamacat

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 am

Thanks for the honorable mention and congrats to all!

andrewd_za

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 pm

What a pleasant surprise. Thank you for the HM and well done to Markus & others.

Andrew

emmelafoto

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Tnx for 3rd place and congratulations to the winner!!
Maaike

fishit

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:39 am

Get the show on the road, a new topic is needed.
For people who wish to join in on this contest you have to put some effort into it.
For many of us who have been with this idea are tired of long delays in between contests.

lets roll!

sandiwhi

208th Show & Tell Competition: Art in Architecture - WINNER

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 am

Hello all,

Just to keep things moving along, I've asked Juan Leon, our second place winner, to step in tomorrow if we don't hear from Markus.

I've been hearing from many of the veterans to this contest, who are frustrated by the delays we've suddenly been experiencing in posting new contests and judging them in a timely manner. Here's some thoughts we've had that may help us improve the turn around time for new contest.

If you enter this contest, please check back at the end of the contest to see if you won.

If you win, please post a new contest asap, hopefully within 24 hours. If you cannot, please inform the person running the contest, so they can pass the contest to the second place winner.

If you run a contest, please judge it in a timely manner, no more than 24-48 hours. If you know you won't be available at the time the contest ends, please don't post one. Let someone run it who has the time to both post and judge.

Contests should be turned around in 24 hours, perhaps 48 at the most. Judging too, no more than 48 hours should be needed to post winners. Everyone is eager to see the winners and have a new contest. Just a matter of paying attention to the closing date for the contest, to check back and see if you've won. Most of us who have run a contest agree that judging can be difficult, but that we keep an eye on the contest as the week passes, and have picked some favorites by the time we need to judge. One last look at latest entries, and we're ready to post the winners, which does take time, but certainly no more than 24 hours.

These contests are such fun and a great learning experience too, seeing everyone's interpretation of the contest. Let's keep them going strong.

Thanks! Sandi
Last edited by sandiwhi on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jlben

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:28 am

I totally agree with your comment, Sandi. If we have no notice from Markus, I'll run the next contest this evening (about 8-10 hours from now).

Juan

jose3344

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Excellent choice! Our congrats to the winners!
But again problems with the organization of new topic..... :(
Markus where are you ???
D&N

Board index PBase Show and Tell 208th Show & Tell Competition: Art in Architecture - WINNER