Board index PBase Show and Tell 225th Show & Tell Competition: Children's Photography - WINNER

Show and Tell

225th Show & Tell Competition: Children's Photography - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
bartoszkotulski

jojie_alcantara

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi there.
Thanks to everyone for your entries:)
All photos are fantastic:)

Honorable mention, in no particular order...

Amazing high key treatment with great eyecontact Kirsten.Well done

Like the idea and good composition. The best candid from all entries.

Very nice and interesting composition. Looks like a scene from a fairy tale.

Great portrait. Like the expression on her face and nice composition for my eyes. Contrast is a little bit to strong but any way this is very good photography.

THIRD PLACE:
Brad this is great photo. Like the balance and good conversion to b/w. The most fantastic thing in this portrait is the light.A little bit to dark like for me in background but fantastic use of light on the main subject. Well done.

SECOND PLACE:
[url=http://www.pbase.com/bartoszkotulski/image/128682067Image[/url]
Stunning portrait with fantastic old way treatment. Great moment to catch the expression on faces. Love it.

FIRST PLACE:
I already wrote a few words about this portrait:" i think secret to this picture is in her eyes and in her smile. so good so perfect:)" one of the most amazing portraits ever for me. Love the colors, composition details and beautiful smile. Evet the title is perfect. This is the winner for me:)
Thanks a lot and have a nice Suday.
Bartosz

bclaypole

Re: 225th Show & Tell Competition: Children's Photography - WINN

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks for the 3rd place. Some very good shots for this contest, excellent choice for the win.
Brad

impalass

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Well done to all and congrats great stuff once again....

Cheers...Mike

gillk

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Congrats Jojie (wonderful winning shot) and other winners - great photography.
Gill

raynerj

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks for the 2 Honorable mentions! Enjoyed the topic, nice one.
Thanks also for the comments - think you are right about the contrast being too strong. This was shot on Delta 100 which tends to give that effect.
Congrats to all the winners.
J

chasp

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:34 am

Bartosz, thanks for the 2nd place spot. I do not know how you picked mine or any others out to stand behind Jojie's shot, there were so many good images to choose from. But there was no doubt Jojie deserved first place at all. All of her work is exquisite, and she is now firmly placed among my favorites. For those of you who have not taken the time to visit her galleries, do so soon. All of her work, but especially her natural light portraits, (IMHO) are some of the best I have seen. Congratulation to her and all other winners. I cannot wait to see the next topic.

Chas.

jojie_alcantara

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 am

Oh wow, thanks so much for the honor. I just got in at Pbase today. I fell in love with that shy child when I first caught sight of her and gave her a veil to play around with so she would lose her shyness with me. Btw, I am smitten by Kirsten's beautiful daughter. That high key image is gorgeous. Kudos to my fellow winners as well.

I will give some thought on the next theme now so I can announce it immediately. Thank you for the nice compliments. :)
"A photographer is nothing without his camera." - Eddie Cohen
http://www.kodakerdabawenya.com
http://www.pbase.com/jojie_alcantara

kirstenmary

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks so much for the HM! Jordan is a cutie. She is going to be nine this summer, and I am most decidedly not looking forward to her teen years.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 225th Show & Tell Competition: Children's Photography - WINNER