Board index PBase Show and Tell 245th Show & Tell Competition: Family - WINNER - gillk

Show and Tell

245th Show & Tell Competition: Family - WINNER - gillk

Announce and discuss your photos.
kirstenmary

245th Show & Tell Competition: Family - WINNER - gillk

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:35 pm

First, I need to apologize for getting this out so late. We had a small electrical panel fire, and we needed to re-breaker our entire board. As a result, we had no power Saturday into late Sunday night as my husband changed out all of our 110 breakers. I'm really sorry.

There were so many wonderful entries. Family can really be anyone *to* anyone, and I really enjoyed looking at your interpretation of who family is in the eye of the photographer.

With that being said, the HMs in no particular order...

Dennis's No More Home Cooking

This reminded me of my time growing up making one Lithuanian or Swedish recipe or another. We would gather in the kitchen, learning how to make bread or pickles some concoction so the secrets would not die with our great grandparents. I loved the look on their faces, and this photo instantly brought me back to my childhood.

Sandi's Zombies. I spit coffee when I saw that (laughing of course). I'm not a zombie fan, but I thought the photo was great.

Irislynx's Bluebird photo. I loved how the blurred background made the birds stand out and how the male bird was feeding the fledgling. The colors are stunning, and this is a beautiful capture.

Now for the winners.

In Third Place:

Aaron's photo:

Technically, it's excellent, and I love the idea that the father figure is demonstrating responsible gun use to the son figure. Really well done.

In Second Place:

Daniele's Arles, per strada. I was enthralled by this. This photo had an artistic quality to it, and I was drawn to the little girl's face. Was she crying? Was that her mama? Grandmama? Where were they going? From were did they come?

And in First Place:

Gill's Taking Grandad for a Walk:

Two people - on a beach. Yet this is so much more. It's a grandfather, giving his granddaughter just enough space to let her walk on her own while cautiously watching over her at the same time. And the mist in the background? Yes, it's mist. But it has the appearance of an enormous wave, looming behind them, saying, "Watch out. if you are not careful, I am right there, waiting." So much space, but so much closeness all at the same time. That, and technically, it's wonderful.

Gill - it's your turn!!!!

gillk

Re: 245th Show & Tell Competition: Family - WINNER - gillk

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Wow ! THANKS Kirsten - will get going on the next one ASAP. And congrats to the other winners
Gill.

danzap

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Thank you so much for the second place, I'm really honored!
Congratulations to the winners, great shots indeed
Daniele

irislynx

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks so much for the HM and words! Congrats to all the winners and other HM's, They were all Great and interesting photos!

sandiwhi

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks for the HR Kirsten, and congrats to all the winners. Sorry to make you spit out your coffee. The whole zombie parade was a scream (no pun intended). Everyone was really into it. But these little ones really impressed me. They never broke character. Thanks!

terrybowker

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Nice contest and great selections! Congratulations to Gill and all of the other winners!

fishit

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks for the HM mention, congrats to the winners.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 245th Show & Tell Competition: Family - WINNER - gillk