Board index PBase Show and Tell 370th Show & Tell Competition: Fireworks - WINNER

Show and Tell

370th Show & Tell Competition: Fireworks - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
pegsam

370th Show & Tell Competition: Fireworks - WINNER

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 am

There was a wide variety of pyrotechnics on display with the submissions for this S&T theme. Choosing the winners and HMs was not as easy as I was expecting.

The HMS:

Szczepan's capture of the parachuter ablaze with sparklers is pretty amazing, and definitely not what I was expecting:

Ken Zaret's capture has a wild abstract quality and is really a nice fireworks image:

I really Like Alan Hart's comp in this particular capture -- a very nice presentation of this display:

Markus Grompe's capture of a low-key festive scene reminded me of our local fireworks show when I was a child:

And Yaron Koler's capture takes the festive scene to a higher level:

aldeca's capture here has a wonderful 3-D effect that really had me mesmerized:

Third Place goes to Flo Hendry's "Leaving this World". I love the comp and the color in this one:

Second Place goes to Pawel Kazmierczyk's "Show Off" photo. What an outstanding capture and another entry that pleasingly pushed the limits of what I was expecting:

First Place goes to John C. de Freitas's "New Year Fireworks - Funchal, Madeira - Portugal" capture. A frame full of wonderful bursts:

My thanks for all of the great entries and to the HM's and winners.

jcdefreitas

Re: 370th Show & Tell Competition: Fireworks - WINNER

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Congratulations to all participants in the "Fireworks" competition.
These competitions provide us with an opportunity to share our work and appreciate the talents and skills of others.
The New Year Fireworks display in Funchal, Madeira is spectacular and a photographer's dream. Thank you for selecting my photo as the winner.
I will post the next competition shortly.....

John de Freitas

Board index PBase Show and Tell 370th Show & Tell Competition: Fireworks - WINNER