Board index PBase Show and Tell 418th Show & Tell Competition: In the forest... - WINNER

Show and Tell

418th Show & Tell Competition: In the forest... - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kazmierczyk

ee66

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:33 pm

Big thanks to all the participants for high-quality entries, showing a great variety of styles, viewpoints and interpretations of the subject. It was a hard choice to select only a few photos, and I resorted to a larger than usual set of honourable mentions.

Which go, in alphabetical order, to the following photographers:

Alain - this picture has an almost neuronal quality to it. Plus, a great composition and inspired choice of black and white

Alla – nice composition, and great winter mood - I love how you captured the blowing wind and snow.

Jeff – the trees on this photo look as though in the next minute they are going to pounce on the photographer. Almost spooky and a great capture.

Margaret – this picture exudes mystery. Great compo, fairy tale-like mood, and creative choice of black and white.

Markus - a lovely, warm composition capturing the magic of late autumn

Szczepan - the people on this picture not only add an element of colour, but a sense of scale. Nice work!

Now the winners:

Third place goes to John, for the originality of style and great eye for compositon, resulting in such a creative framing of this photo. Dizzying.

Ken wins a second place, with this great composition. Not an easy feat to use an ultrawide angle lens and still make forest on a steep slope look so good. For me, what makes this photo is the boulder, which adds foreground interest. Great work!

First place goes to Enrico for this fantastic abstract. It leaves so much room for the imagination – you have a superb eye for detail. Bravo!

Congratulations to all. Enrico, over to you now.

jcdefreitas

Re: 418th Show & Tell Competition: In the forest... - WINNER

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Congratulations to all winners, HMs and to all participants.
Many thanks for the 3rd place. It was a great competition and selection of winners.

John de Freitas

mclew

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Compliments to all the winners! Thanks for the HM, happy to have mine included in this group of beautiful images.

Margaret Lew

kzaret

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:13 am

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for the second place!

Good topic for a contest, lots of options for interpretation.

gillk

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:20 am

Great competition - congrats to all winners and HMs !
Gill

alain_lestrade

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Thank you Pawel for your kind comment, and congrats to all!
Alain.

ee66

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks Pawel, really unexpected as I do not shot lots in the forest.
Really good pictures and good competition!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 418th Show & Tell Competition: In the forest... - WINNER