Board index PBase Show and Tell 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Show and Tell

494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
jarekm
 
Posts: 385

cjphipps_servo

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:46 am


Thank you very much to all participants for posting your photos. It was a hard choice to pick the winners.

Runners up:

Margaret Lew:


Markus Grompe:


Gill Kopy:


David Decroix:


The winners:
3rd place, Arnie Peterschmidt:


2nd place, Marat Klochko:


1st place, Carol J. Phipps:

gillk
 
Posts: 832

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:36 pm


Congrats to Carol and other winners - and a big thanks for an HM - I can appreciate how difficult it was to choose winners with so many great entries.
Gill

mclew
 
Posts: 619

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:46 am


Congratulations to the Winners and HM's! A neat topic and a great variety of fine photos.

Margaret Lew

peterschmidtab
 
Posts: 315

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:34 am


Congratulations to Carol. Thank you Jarek for third place and an excellent theme.

jarekm
 
Posts: 385

494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:10 am


I've just been notified by Carol that she was admitted to the hospital with a serious health issue and will not be able to run the next contest.

The S&T rules stipulate that it should be taken over by the second place winner, in this instance Marat Klochko i.e. Rule 5:

5. If you know you will not be able to post a contest, judge it, and post winners, within these timeframes, please do not start one. Instead, notify the person running the contest, so they can pass it on to the second place winner.

I will message Marat, but I am not sure if there is anything else to be done to ensure a smooth transition to Marat?

Jarek

amoxtli
 
Posts: 3167
Location: San Diego, California

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:59 pm


jarekm wrote:I've just been notified by Carol that she was admitted to the hospital with a serious health issue and will not be able to run the next contest.

The S&T rules stipulate that it should be taken over by the second place winner, in this instance Marat Klochko i.e. Rule 5:

5. If you know you will not be able to post a contest, judge it, and post winners, within these timeframes, please do not start one. Instead, notify the person running the contest, so ty can pass it on to the second place winner.

I will message Marat, but I am not sure if there is anything else to be done to ensure a smooth transition to Marat?

Jarek



Hi Jarek,
The only person who can transfer the next competition from Carol to Marat is Emily. I have been able to get the competition transferred by contacting her several times before. Sometimes it has taken a couple of weeks.

Here is her email address: emily@pbase.com

If Emily does not reset the competition we will have to wait until Carol is out of the hospital. The only other option is that someone gets Carol's username and password and posts the competition. She can always reset her password later.

Hope there's not too much of a delay.

Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

maratk
 
Posts: 12

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:24 pm


Congratulations to Carol (excellent shot) and let's wish her fast recovery.
Thank you Jarek for the appreciation.
I'll check with moderators how to proceed and will announce the next competition theme shortly.
All the best,
Marat

jarekm
 
Posts: 385

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:57 pm


I've emailed Emily and the Pbase support. Let's hope the problem will be resolved quickly.

Jarek

ddecroix
 
Posts: 123

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:56 am


Thanks for the HM and congrats to the winners.
Hope that Carol will get better quick.

jolka
 
Posts: 5128

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 pm


Congratulations to all the winners in this nice topic challenge.

jarekm
 
Posts: 385

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 am


Very disappointing, not a word from Emily or PB Support. I am not sure what else I could do. It looks like PBase is destroying itself by providing sub-standard service to its most loyal customers.

BTW
Likewise, no response about images sorting feature that stopped working a while ago.

Jarek

jarekm wrote:I've emailed Emily and the Pbase support. Let's hope the problem will be resolved quickly.

Jarek

cits_4_pets
 
Posts: 1735
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:18 pm


Thank you for emailing Emily and trying to get the contest up and running. Yes, it is very sad that Pbase lack of support and improvements seem to be fading away like a photo in the sun....


jarekm wrote:Very disappointing, not a word from Emily or PB Support. I am not sure what else I could do. It looks like PBase is destroying itself by providing sub-standard service to its most loyal customers.

BTW
Likewise, no response about images sorting feature that stopped working a while ago.

Jarek

jarekm wrote:I've emailed Emily and the Pbase support. Let's hope the problem will be resolved quickly.

Jarek
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 716

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 pm


Hi Guys,

Marat is all set to host the next competition. I'm sorry for the delay. I've been out sick. In the future, if I do not update competition changes soon enough, the alternate host can always start the next competition as a regular thread, then I can go in and flag it as sticky and make it an official competition thread.

Thanks,
Emily

amoxtli
 
Posts: 3167
Location: San Diego, California

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm


emily wrote:Hi Guys,

Marat is all set to host the next competition. I'm sorry for the delay. I've been out sick. In the future, if I do not update competition changes soon enough, the alternate host can always start the next competition as a regular thread, then I can go in and flag it as sticky and make it an official competition thread.

Thanks,
Emily


Great news! Thank you Emily!
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

gillk
 
Posts: 832

Re: 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 pm


Hi Marat - where are you ???


Board index PBase Show and Tell 494th Show & Tell Competition: Going for a walk... - WINNER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests