Board index PBase Show and Tell 639th Show & Tell Competition: Pictures with birds, rather than OF birds - WINNER

Show and Tell

639th Show & Tell Competition: Pictures with birds, rather than OF birds - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
lambsfeathers

vj4000

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:18 pm

Apology for lateness: Sorry, I thought I had done this, but nothing has shown up.
Admission: Judging was quite subjective, based on to what extent the response "Wow! I wish I had taken that" was evoked. The top three and the three HMs were shuffled around a bit.
Honourable mentions to two of Gill Kopy's entries and to Hugh's:

Third place to Ken Zaret's wonderfully timed wave, with the birds all in exactly the right place:

Second place to Peter Schmidt's place, which had me driving around that island with Google Earth street view looking for the location:

First place to Vijay Nanda's dreamy beach scene, because I absolutely loved it:

gillk

Re: 639th Show & Tell Competition: Pictures with birds, rather than OF birds - WINNER

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:53 pm

Great Paul :) I know this page does weird things some times. Congrats to Vijay and other winners - and thanks for the two HM's :) I liked the topic.
Gill

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 639th Show & Tell Competition: Pictures with birds, rather than OF birds - WINNER

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi Everybody,

Great contest! I loved the topic and the entries.

Vijay has let me know that he will not be able to host the next competition. So, I have updated the system so that the second place winner, Arnie Peterschmidt, can host it instead. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,
Emily

vj4000

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:50 pm

Thanks for the first place! It was a great topic with so many beautiful pics. Congratulations to all the winners.
Regretfully it is not a good week for me to run the contest.
regards

peterschmidtab

Post Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:36 am

Congratulations to Vijay, well deserved! Thank you Paul for second place and an excellent theme. I will get to work on the next theme.
Arnie

kzaret

Post Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:36 pm

Interesting contest and congrats Vijay for a beautiful winner! Thanks for the third place.

hughjones

Post Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:59 pm

Thanks for the HM. Congratulations to all winners and contestants! Great topic. I especially liked how the focus was on integration of the object into the image and not on the object itself.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 639th Show & Tell Competition: Pictures with birds, rather than OF birds - WINNER