Board index PBase Feature Requests Take me out of search results

Feature Requests

Take me out of search results

Request changes or modifications.
nqtallon

Take me out of search results

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:51 pm

Hi-

I know that there is no security in terms of who can see what on this site other than setting it to private. But I would really like to not be included in the 'Recently Updated Galleries' as well as the search results. My site is mainly for family & friends, and while I realize that this site is geared more towards sharing photography with others, I would rather try to control who sees my gallery.

I can't simply set it to private, as I would like those I send the link to, to be able to browse through the folders - which cannot be done if they are private (they would all be invisible) - I would have to send out individual links.

I think this could be done by just having a flag at the user level saying 'Yes, show me in search results' or 'No'

Any thoughts?

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:12 pm

hi.
you're now set so your photos won't show up in public areas of the site. (it might take up to a day for things to fully update)

working on things so you will be able to control this yourself and at the gallery level, not just for the entire account.

-slug

nqtallon

THANKS!

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:11 pm

That's great, thanks a lot!

Natalie

candsrr

alternative?

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:58 am

re " I can't simply set it to private, as I would like those I send the link to, to be able to browse through the folders - which cannot be done if they are private (they would all be invisible) - I would have to send out individual links."

Couldn't one send a link to a gallery called something like My Private Galleries which is set to non-public, and have that gallery filled with all of the other galleries intended for friends/family, but each one wouldn't need to be set to non-public? Hope I said that right.

nqtallon

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:36 pm

>Couldn't one send a link to a gallery called something like My Private >Galleries which is set to non-public, and have that gallery filled with all >of the other galleries intended for friends/family, but each one wouldn't >need to be set to non-public? Hope I said that right.

That's what I thought too... and I tried it. The problem is, is that all the public galleries (even if they are in a private one) still show up on all the searches and can be accessed from your profile.

Natalie

candsrr

Thanks, Nataliel

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:39 pm

Right. I just tried it. I logged out and then went to my All Galleries page. A private gallery with public galleries in it did not show up there, but some of the public galleries were on my Recent list. By entering any of them from the Recent list I had access to the whole bunch.
I thought I was on to something - thanks for clearing it up.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:47 pm

sorry about that.
the public/privateness should really cascade down to child galleries to avoid that. this is on the list to be fixed.

-slug

Board index PBase Feature Requests Take me out of search results