Board index PBase Show and Tell Show and Tell Photo Contest #15 - Determination

Show and Tell

Show and Tell Photo Contest #15 - Determination

Announce and discuss your photos.
zenotri

Show and Tell Photo Contest #15 - Determination

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:07 pm

"DETERMINATION"

..since the winner of contest #14 is unable to host this competition, it has been handed over to me as 2nd place getter.

Best regards and good luck!

..Vickie

I hope the subject is not too narrow...I had a look & here are the past contests so far:
14 - Portraits
13 - Weather
12 - Emotions
11 - Wood
10 - Work
9 - Water
8 - Bridges
7 - Flora
6 - Landscapes
5 - Silhouettes
4 - Red
3 - Lighthouses
2 - Sports Action
1 - Night Time

Welcome everybody to the 15th edition of the *Show and Tell - Photo Contest*. Originally hosted by David Yuckert. Thanks again to David for getting this rolling!

Previous contest;

(actually nr 14)

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=22485

How it Works:
1. The host gives a topic.
2. You post up to 3 of your images that go along with the topic.
3. The host chooses the winner 7 days after the contest was started.
4. The winner becomes the host for the next week. If the winner does not post a new contest within 2 days, the 2nd place winner is the new host.

The Rules:
1. Photos must be hosted on pbase.com.
2. Photos must be embeded in your post. See http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=18022
3. Post only the medium versions of you picture. Larger versions will not be considered.
4. Only enter 3 photos per-contest.
5. The host is not eligible for their own contest.
6. Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera
7. You can do all the post processing you want.
8. Have fun.

Vickie
http://www.pbase.com/zenotri
Last edited by zenotri on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

agroni

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:51 am

hhhhmmmmm, i'm no native english speaker and i have some problems with understanding what does that mean?!?!?!? :? :? :?
Could you please describe what do you want in words or just post couple of examples???
thnx :roll:

erichmangl

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:14 am

agroni wrote:hhhhmmmmm, i'm no native english speaker and i have some problems with understanding what does that mean?!?!?!?

you are not alone, also don't understand what it really means :-)

zenotri

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:28 am

OK, let me have a think about this. I guess it is too narrow. Would removing the word fierce help? I wanted something a bit open to interpretation.

What I had in mind was someone or something expressing a determined attitude, a desire to get what they want at all costs, eg...an animal "determined" to get it's prey or an athlete "determined" to win...even a caterpillar "determined" to reach the top of the plant.

I'm going to leave this for a few hours, if no-one posts, I guess I will think of something a bit broader.

erichmangl

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:19 pm

Last edited by erichmangl on Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sloopsailor

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Current River, Missouri

455rocket

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:47 pm

clarkerobinson

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:59 pm

I dont see any determined attitude from the above pics. Not being offensive, but I am confused.

Emi

pski

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:01 pm

455rocket

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:24 pm

clarkerobinson wrote:I dont see any determined attitude from the above pics. Not being offensive, but I am confused.

Emi

In the first picture I posted, my son was told to pick a pumpkin, he wanted a massive one, my wife and I didn't really want to get the monster pumpkins he kept pointing out so as a compromise we told him if he could carry it he could have it.... so he struggled with the biggest one he could pick up. He seemed very determined to us.
In the second picture, the snake seemed very determined to swallow the toad, and the toad puffed himself up as large as possible to make himself difficult to swallow as he was determined to stay in this world (he failed).
In the third picture, the female tiger beetle wasn't too enthusiastic but the male held her firmly with his jaws and was determined to have his 'wicked way'. So I see determination in all the pictures I posted, and I can see it in the other posts too. They may not be the best examples, but the topic is quite specific and they are the most relevant of the photos I have on pbase.:lol:

erichmangl

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 pm

clarkerobinson wrote:I dont see any determined attitude from the above pics. Not being offensive, but I am confused.

Emi

had a look at dict.leo.org (english-german dictionary) and "determination" shows a lot of meanings :-)

clarkerobinson

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 pm

Thanks for explaining in such a details. :)

Emi

jenga

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:08 pm

kirstenmary

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Emi

Really????? I think they all demonstrate the subject quite beautifully!

daveyb_uk

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:47 pm

Determined to Finish

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell Show and Tell Photo Contest #15 - Determination