Board index Equipment Film Cameras Digital Photog. gets Pentax K1000, need some help

Film Cameras

Digital Photog. gets Pentax K1000, need some help

gpphoto

Digital Photog. gets Pentax K1000, need some help

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:08 pm

First of all, i can get this thing open. Theres a button on the bottom that i assume would open the back, but i press it and nothing happens. i also pulled the film rewind knob up, still nothing. im sure someone knows how to do this lol, so a little help please?

Also, since im mostly digital, whats some good film to go with thats still available to buy?

Thanks,

Greg P.

wau

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:07 pm

Pulling the rewind knob up releases the latch inside the camera. If the light trap sealing is deteriorated and sticky, it may hold the door closed. Try pulling the door open, gently, while pulling up on the rewind knob.

gpphoto

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:16 pm

oh i tried that lol, and nothing. theres no knob or latch to hold on to, and i dont wanna wind up breaking it before i even get to use it. ill try again tho, thanks.

G.

vid64

Download the manual

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:31 am

I recommend you download the K1000 manual from the Pentax US website:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/customer_c ... how_manual

from page 12: "Open the back by pulling up the rewind knob". I guess it might be a bit stiff from lack of use.

wau

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:17 pm

On my Pentax KM (precursor to the K1000), the rewind knob will travel 10mm without resistance when pulled up, then 3mm more against the resistance of the latch release spring. At that point, the springiness of the film pressure plate in the camera should help to pop the back open. The button on the bottom of the camera is for rewinding film only (it releases the clutch on the take-up spool, allowing film to be wound back into the canister).

georgek

Pentax camera

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:47 pm

The little button on the bottom releases the film when it finished and ready to rewind.
To open the back, pull up the rewind handle, it opens the camera.
The K-1000 is a great camera but it is simple. It doesn't have a lot of features, but you can control everything yourself.
Here is a pic I took with a Pentax ME Super, which is a Pentax K-1000 with a couple of extras. But the camera is the same as the K-1000, so you should have good success using it. I have two K-1000's.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Digital Photog. gets Pentax K1000, need some help