Board index Equipment Film Cameras Where to send out my film??

Film Cameras

Where to send out my film??

jenm1023

Where to send out my film??

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:10 pm

I'm having a tough time finding a lab to send my film to. I have one roll of 35mm 36 exposure black and white and one roll of 120 black and white that I would like developed. Any recommendations on a good lab to send them to?
I've tried two so far-- one sent my film back saying they can't develop 'true' black and white, the other wanted to charge me $40.00 for the 36 exposure roll of 35mm alone. To me, that sounds a bit high in price!!?

Jen

dang

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:59 pm

B&W is very easy to develope yourself, unlike color processing. For $40.00 you should be able to purchase everything you need to develope the film, since it's only a 3 step process. Inexpensive enlargers can be found on e-bay pretty cheap these days too, and you'd save yourself a lot over time. If you have any questions, feel free to pmail me and I'll be glad to help. But doing a google search, should answer all your questions.
Good luck, half the fun of B&W is doing it yourself. :wink:

jenm1023

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:54 pm

good idea..but i just don't have the time or energy right now with a new baby.

jim_panzee

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:07 am

What cost the most with some shops is the printing of B/W film. Ask the shop what they would charge for just the development, and then you could Scan/print your own at home.
You could also develop the film yourself this is easy. One universal developing tank to take 120 and 35mm film (you can buy these very cheap), A bottle of developer, and a bottle of fixer, plus a wash basin of cold water. Thats it.
You don't even need to have a darkroom, just load the film in the tank inside a light tight bag or under the duvet. :D
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

doug_young

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:13 am

You might want to give these folks a try - -

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

The prices are reasonable and the work great!

And yes - I am an old Tri-X fan myself, though I shoot digital most of the time now.
Doug

andrys

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:52 am

doug_young wrote:You might want to give these folks a try - -

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

The prices are reasonable and the work great!

And yes - I am an old Tri-X fan myself, though I shoot digital most of the time now.

Doug, thanks for your recommendation. I have old aps film pics and
have been looking for a good place.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Where to send out my film??