Board index PBase Show and Tell Winners 31st Show and Tell competition

Show and Tell

Winners 31st Show and Tell competition

Announce and discuss your photos.
nostromo

Winners 31st Show and Tell competition

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:09 am

Well, finally the winners.
It is nothing new, but I have realized how subjective is this final decision. Believe me that I had a group of about 15 pictures all at a very similar level. The difference between being out or being the winner has been really subtle. I have left comments on some of the pictures but if you want an specific comment for your picture I'd be glad.

It has being suprising too, that I have found in the participant's galleries pictures I liked more than those posted for the contest, but it is you, not me, who post the pictures :).

Three honorable mentions (the order is arbitrary):
Nice touch of exotism. I like the colors and the tourist feel it has. It is slightly soft but I guess shooting from a camel is not easy.

This picture has everything to be the winner. Amazing place, good capture and composition ... but the strong yellow cast of the stones distracts me a bit from the awsome waterfall.

I had to mention this outstanding night picture. Color is balanced, capture is crisp and the place is definitely appealing.

Third place:
There were wonderful reflection pictures in the contest (Atucker one for instance), but this one is the one I like most: quiet, beautiful, magic. I'd like to be there.

Second place:
Wonderful colours and composition with a touch of exotism that make the tourists curious about. I can almost see the picture in the magazine frontcover.

WINNER
Simplicity is the best word to define this picture. Sailing, beach, sun, relaxing ... everything is perfectly captured in this image. Congratulations Andrew. You had another very good entry in the contest.

Andrew Johnson
http://www.pbase.com/adjohnso/profile

eko5

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:22 am

Superb choices...
Congrat. to the winners...
:=))

evledstudio

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:22 am

:D Love your choice, it must have been very difficult I saw many very beautiful images. :D

And congrats to the people mentioned and of course the winners. ( there is no kiss smilly :D ).

Grts

Joy

stuegan

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:56 am

Congratulations to the winners - some great photos there, wish I had the money to visit all those places!

rsub8

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:33 pm

Congratulations to all! Thanks for taking the time to run a good contest. :)

junlin18

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Many congrat to Andrew! I cant believe I managed to get to 2nd place. First time winning something. If you guys want to check out more of my travel stuffs just drop into:

http://www.pbase.com/junlin18/travel

agroni

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Congrats :wink:

adjohnso

Thanks!

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 am

wow, there were some amazing photos. Congrats to all the others mentioned!

I'll sleep on the next topic and post tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Andy. :D

carrhighlander

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:41 pm

Congratulations to everyone. There were a lot of great enties.

halesr

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:12 pm

Congratulations to all. Many great images.--Rene

downsouthhuntin

Post Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:43 am

Worthy winners - some real great photography there.
Mike

jestev

Post Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Congrats and great images everyone!
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

Board index PBase Show and Tell Winners 31st Show and Tell competition