Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS of the 34 Edition of the Show and Tell Photo Contest

Show and Tell

WINNERS of the 34 Edition of the Show and Tell Photo Contest

Announce and discuss your photos.
tazman0895

WINNERS of the 34 Edition of the Show and Tell Photo Contest

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Here we go. It is in my opinion that this is the finest collection of photos for one of these contests and many entries that are very good will go unmentioned here. It was very difficult for me to pick between the winner and 2nd place.

I will start with a selection of three honorable mention photos which are in no particular order.

Honorable mention
Chasp
Sunrise Through the Willows. I admire the reflection of the rays of sunlight and the detail in the shadows. Excellent!

Honorable Mention
Michael Prichett
Boy on Walden Pond. I like the composition here. It stirs the inner child in all of us. Living in a carefree world and the perfect skipping rock.

Honorable Mention
Susan T
Sunset at Sky Harbor Airport. I love the blood red tones here. This is what a sunset is all about. If the light pole was absent this photo would be in the running. Excellent capture.

3rd Place
Danny Barton
Sunrise in the Desert. This photo needs to be seen in a large size. I am impressed with the delicate detail of the brush and the shades and tones of the light. Nothing better than a sunset in the desert. Very well done.

2nd Place
Bryan Bennett
El Matador Beach Boiling Sea As I mentioned at the start of this, it was very hard to select between the 1st and 2nd place finishers. Both are excellent. Bryan has several excellent photos on his main page as well and should not be missed. The composition and sense of depth here are superb. You can almost hear the serf. Well done.

1st Place
Al Jones
Silhouetted Beech Trees in November. As I was judging this fine collection of photos I found myself time and again just fixated on this photo. It has such a beautiful simplicity to it. The composition is spot on and the tones are magnificent. I would be proud of this photo Al, its this weeks winner! Back across the pond to you now.

phil_stubbs

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Nice one Ron, Must have been difficult to judge this (as always). Nice selection and well done to all those mentioned and a big gongratulations to AL.

Phil

stuegan

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Fantastic choices, congratulations to all the winners.

mahowel

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:36 pm

Congrats, beautiful photos one and all!

evledstudio

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:48 pm

:D As a model, of course I could not contribute this time :D But I followed the postings and saw sooo many wonderfull images.
And yes it must have been very difficult to choose. ( I would never be capable to do so, please let me never win the contest, I will make it a mess) :oops:

Yet, I think you selected the best. And congratulation to all people selected, from mention to the winner, all very good work.

Grts

Joy

pritchett

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Congrats to all. I'm happy with honorable mention.

bruyn32

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Great shots, everyone. I'll gladly take second among that bunch! :D

dang

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:10 pm

Great shooting! Congratulations.
:)

jestev

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:13 pm

Congrats and great images everyone!
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

pinemikey

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:45 am

This is where the true quality of Pbase shines through. Where everyone stands a fair chance to be the winner.

Quality over quantity.

Congratulations to the well deserved winners.

dannyshoots

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:24 am

It is an incredible thrill to place in this little contest. All of the images were so spectacular. Congrats to all!

agroni

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:01 am

Congratrulations to the winners. The winner photo is really fascinating and it looks like out of this world.

Congrats to all

pinemikey wrote:This is where the true quality of Pbase shines through. Where everyone stands a fair chance to be the winner.

Quality over quantity.

You said it ;)

maxfar

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:40 am

Congratulations to the winners and all partecipants

orillia

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 pm

Congrats to everyone. Wonderful photos.

chasp

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:34 pm

Wonderful job Tazman, and I'm not saying that just because I got an honorable mention! :) (and I am truly honored) You had some incredible images to judge from and you did a remarkable job! Congatulations to all.

Chas.

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS of the 34 Edition of the Show and Tell Photo Contest