Board index PBase Show and Tell 43rd Show and Tell Competition: Light and Shadow - *WINNER*

Show and Tell

43rd Show and Tell Competition: Light and Shadow - *WINNER*

Announce and discuss your photos.
popeye885

43rd Show and Tell Competition: Light and Shadow - *WINNER*

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:47 am

First I must apologize profusely for the delay in announcing the winner. I've been out of the country with little internet access, and it didnt help that I had so many great images to choose from with my dial-up connection.
There were many fantastic submission, but I had to pick the winner based on whether the theme was the focal point of the photo. So with no further delay...

Runner Up: Hell hath no fury
I really enjoyed the film-noir nod (in color). The neon light shows the main character well while the dark background reinforces the murkiness of the scene. The atmosphere hit me like a sledgehammer. You really wonder about what the rest of the story will be...

Runner Up: Mystic Morning
The religious overtone of this image is unmistakable. "Adam and Eve" submerged in darkness while rays of light fill the background. This is quite a powerful image. There were many silhouettes submitted - but I felt this was the most multi-dimensional.

Winner: Climber
This image made me do several double-takes. The unusual composition of the figure (dead-center) forced me to really scrutinize it. I can almost feel the oppressive force of the dark clouds above. Is the climber forcing his way up (an image about hope) or is this an image of despair?

agroni

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:57 am

Congrats ;)

evledstudio

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:17 am

Yes congrats and the winner is very strong.

Grts
Joy

sean_mcr

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:22 am

congrats to the winner :wink: Actually i think with it being Easter that shot is is quite symbolic in some ways. Though im not religious i can't help but think of the crucifiction

Thanks to Popeye for a good theme

downsouthstories

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:08 am

Ah'm only just outa ma bed but BUMP! :)
Congrats to Matt, Sean an Nick (great photos!)

Competitions will have to be stickied - Ghengis has got 8 posts outa the top 10 as ah write this an ALL started by himself!

Mike :roll:

sean_mcr

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:17 pm

downsouthstories wrote:Competitions will have to be stickied - Ghengis has got 8 posts outa the top 10 as ah write this an ALL started by himself!

I'm sure all 8 shots could have gone in one thread to avoid flooding. I can see the logic in that, obviously Ghengis Khan't

But hey, each to his own

silvrday

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:18 pm

Congrats to the winner. :D

ivinghoe

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:14 pm

Well Done Great images :)

kirstenmary

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:46 pm

Congrats, everyone. Great images!!!!

podroma7

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:18 pm

Congrats to the winners!

nickviv

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:05 pm

chuffed...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kirstenmary

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:41 pm

downsouthstories wrote:Ah'm only just outa ma bed but BUMP! :)
Congrats to Matt, Sean an Nick (great photos!)

Competitions will have to be stickied - Ghengis has got 8 posts outa the top 10 as ah write this an ALL started by himself!

If only... :roll:

gallon

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:43 am

Congrats to all participants and winners. Some really nice shots there.
It would be ok with me if the winner or runner up saw fit to post up
competition #44 now. Eventually we will get this done.

jestev

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:32 am

Nice job folks! Awesome images. Can't wait for 44.
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

agroni

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:41 am

I have just sent a PM to the winner to let him know of the victory, cause somehow i don't think that he is aware of the competition result. :)
I think that if he does not respond than we must apply the rules and pass the torch to the second runner up, what do you say?

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell 43rd Show and Tell Competition: Light and Shadow - *WINNER*