Board index PBase Show and Tell 45-th Show and tell competition : Winners

Show and Tell

45-th Show and tell competition : Winners

Announce and discuss your photos.
evledstudio

45-th Show and tell competition : Winners

Post Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 pm

:D This time there was a lot of "Tell" in the contest. :D

A big thank you to all the people that contributed. I have been looking with great pleasure and delight.

Here what is coming out :

Honourable mention, in no particular order :

cjgoulet
It is a very warm portrait and has great natural charm.

billinchapelhill
Absolutely great image. I may wish that as a model, I will have a day like this.

halesr
Because I love high key and here it is combined with very interesting post-production.

Winners :

Third place :
Kirstenmary
She will be a fameous model or photographer one day.
Love the DOF and finishing of the image.

Second place :
455 rocket
Sportive body and very elegant. And great shot, must have been very difficult to make.

First place :
jar_o_raws
There is many unusual things in this image and technically it is a high risk shot. But it has an irresistible attraction so I had no choice then make it the winner.

So Mr. Jaroslaw Rawicki, it is up to you for the next one. Please gather some information before you start.

Also, I disqualified quite a lot of interesting photos, because not posted according to the rules of the contest. Which is pity. On the other hand, I understand now how important it is. Otherwise it becomes impossible to make the judgement.

Thanks and greets to all,

Joy

tazman0895

Post Tue May 01, 2007 9:12 pm

Congrates to the winners. I especially like the Kirsten Mary pic but all were supurb. Excellent choice. I am curious as to what rules were broken to disqualify because of quote "I disqualified quite a lot of interesting photos, because not posted according to the rules of the contest" I looked through the entire contest and I don't see any mistakes. Somebody did have to resize a photo but other than that. Just curious. The only rule I saw in question was from the previous contest and rule six..... Again a big congrats to the winners. Cheers

ehreng

Post Tue May 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Looks like about 3 people didn't include links to their images... I'm guessing those are the ones who were disqualified. Congrats to winners

homerhomer

Post Tue May 01, 2007 9:39 pm

congrats, the winner is awesome.
I also would like to know the reasons for disqualifing alot of interesting photos :?: I see nothing wrong, from the rules point of view, with any of them.

evledstudio

Post Tue May 01, 2007 9:49 pm

tazman0895 wrote:Congrates to the winners. I especially like the Kirsten Mary pic but all were supurb. Excellent choice. I am curious as to what rules were broken to disqualify because of quote "I disqualified quite a lot of interesting photos, because not posted according to the rules of the contest" I looked through the entire contest and I don't see any mistakes. Somebody did have to resize a photo but other than that. Just curious. The only rule I saw in question was from the previous contest and rule six..... Again a big congrats to the winners. Cheers

Hello Tazman,

The problem is photos posted without link to the original.
The rule says : post medium size with a link to original. Now, some people put he link into the image, fine. Others post the link as a separate url, also fine. And some people post without link whatsoever. Makes it impossible to handle. During the contest, I tried to follow up all entries and to help people contributing. But I missed some.

mirko79
Dougi
lee_berman
mexisue on her first image
esm

So that makes 5 out of 33 contributing.

Greets,

Joy

tazman0895

Post Tue May 01, 2007 10:04 pm

Sorry about that. I didn't know a new rule had been added to the latest contest. Still excellent choices and again congrats to the winners.

evledstudio

Post Tue May 01, 2007 10:14 pm

tazman0895 wrote:Sorry about that. I didn't know a new rule had been added to the latest contest. Still excellent choices and again congrats to the winners.

Tazman, this always has been a rule, I contributed to about then or more contests and always this was a rule. Before I opened the contest I went down very far to collect all information.
My opening entry had all info and has been removed, not by me.
And now I am disturbed about your post, made after that where the linking is not mentioned :oops:

I got it here : http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=28951
"When posting, please also include a link to your photo so it can be viewed at original size. Also, don't forget to read the posting rules below."

I think it would be usefull to have a topic to review the rules, now I have a headache from all this. And I would like to know how the opening entry could disappear just like that.

Grts

joy

tazman0895

Post Tue May 01, 2007 11:18 pm

First off, I am starting to sense a little hostility. My sincerest apologies if I have upset you. I would like to state that I do not have the ability nor the technical know how to delete someone else's post. I was only trying to help when I posted the front page of the contest.
When I was selected as the winner back at contest 33 and I thought it would be neat to honor the past winners so I spent a fair amount of time, at that point, going through the entire historical archive and posted the winner of each contest. Most of them did not have a link. You can find the link to any photo by right clicking on the photo and then click properties on the drop down window. The last contest did not post that section and with this one going missing I reposted from 2 contests ago so it wouldn't get lost. My intentions were innocent.
I am sorry I have been sucked into this and I apologizes to the community if I have tainted this contest. :oops:

agroni

Post Wed May 02, 2007 8:09 am

First of all, congrats to the winners and the honorables. Interesting shots! ;)

tazman0895 wrote: The last contest did not post that section and with this one going missing I reposted from 2 contests ago so it wouldn't get lost. My intentions were innocent.
I am sorry I have been sucked into this and I apologizes to the community if I have tainted this contest. :oops:

Don't worry my friend! It was a great idea to post all the previous competition with all the links.
The previous competition was totally out, but that's ok since it is still running. I have asked kindly the winner of the previous competition to do this time right. But it didn't happen!
But let us keep this competition still going and this time i would appreciate from the winner to do this hosting as in tradition.
So let us say that the first post should include:
1. Title and brief description of the subject
2. Maybe some photo examples if available
3. Starting and closing date of the competition
4. Rules
5. Previous competitions

If you want to do it right, just go and copy a thread from any previous competitions (starting from 43 down) and just modify it to your needs ;)
Is that so hard to do?? :)

evledstudio

Post Wed May 02, 2007 8:59 am

Hello Agroni,

As far as I know I effectively did it right.
The only thing is, that my opening entry has been removed, not by me.

I looked up far in history to recompose the opening entry correct.

I can say nothing else than it leaves a bitter taste to be
treated like this.

If you had taken a good look at the opening entry, you would have known that I did it correct and that what has happened afterwards is by no means my actions.

Grts

Joy
Last edited by evledstudio on Wed May 02, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kirstenmary

Post Wed May 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Thank you so much for selecting my photo for 3rd. I will pass this news along to my daughter. :D

jar_o_raws

Post Wed May 02, 2007 8:11 pm

Wow!
Thank you very much for choosing my as a winner of this contest. I'm really thrilled beacuase it's the first time my picture win anything...

It's real pleasure for me.

I'd like to take this opportunity and invite you all to my 10 Best Shots Gallery. Please take a looke a leave a comment.
http://www.pbase.com/jar_o_raws/my_best_10_shots

I will start new Show And Tell Competition tomorrow.

podroma7

Post Wed May 02, 2007 9:08 pm

All of these rules!!!!! :D It seems like it has become a little bit of a burden to be chosen a winner of one of these contests because there are so many rules you have to go by to start the next contest. It is starting to get quite comical! Don't get me wrong because posting to these contests is one of my favorite part about pbase but I'm not sure what I would do if I ever won. Can't we all just get along?!?!?!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats to the winners!

stuartjr

Post Wed May 02, 2007 9:13 pm

Unless I missed something, can I ask, why on this earth has this competition stopped being 'stickied'?

It surely takes little effort to 'sticky' a thread on the forums (to those who have the ability) .... it happened for several weeks, why can't it happen again? :x

podroma7 wrote:All of these rules!!!!! :D It seems like it has become a little bit of a burden to be chosen a winner of one of these contests because there are so many rules you have to go by to start the next contest. It is starting to get quite comical! Don't get me wrong because posting to these contests is one of my favorite part about pbase but I'm not sure what I would do if I ever won!

All these rules are quite easy to understand and have been for several weeks! All the winners needs to do is copy the rules from the previous competition (like Joy did - and they were there until the day before the comp' closed :?) and paste them into the new one. Anyone entering only needs to be able to read and understand the rules .... it's not rocket science (is it?)

podroma7 wrote:Can't we all just get along?!?!?!

YES, LET'S, PLEASE!
Last edited by stuartjr on Thu May 03, 2007 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

evledstudio

Post Wed May 02, 2007 10:05 pm

I hope you do guys,

One thing i can tell is I will no longer contribute and also this forum is off for me.

And I only tried to be an active member.
The rest of my time I paid for pbase I will spend on looking for another hosting site.

Grts

Joy

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell 45-th Show and tell competition : Winners