Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets borders around the slideshow

HTML and Style Sheets

borders around the slideshow

Customize your galleries.
photohabit

borders around the slideshow

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:26 pm

Hello!

How can I add borders around the slideshow?

I know that the new code for slideshow is SLIDESHOW(gallary_name)

Thanks in advance :wink:

arielen

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:30 am

Add the code below to your CSS code and play around with it. Take note that this is not advisable if you are using different image size for slideshow
Got this code from someone here on PBase but forgot the name already.
We should thank him/her for this contribution.

#inline_slideshow td
{
border-style : double;
border-width : 10px;
border-color : red;
vertical-align: center;
text-align: center;
}

rsbfotos

HTML in a gallery "description" box.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:22 am

Photohabit,
Although I have different sized photos, here is the HTML code I use, placed in the 'description' box of the gallery. Perhaps you can adjust this to get the desired results your looking for. I can't help you any further than this though, as I only got some info off an HTML tutorial site and messed with it to give me what I wanted. Some of my coding may even be incorrect but it's working the way I want. CSS codes are beyond me so I'm stuck in HTML land and perhaps this will help someone in a similar situation.

I see you have various sized photos so this may not be of much help to you, as Arielen suggested.

<DIV ALIGN=CENTER><TABLE BORDER="3" BORDERCOLORLIGHT=Crimson BORDERCOLORDARK=Fuchsia CELLSPACING=8>
<TR>
<TD><DIV ALIGN=CENTER><B STYLE="color: #FFCC99; font-family: comic sans ms bold; font-size: 18pt">~ § SUB - GALLERIES & PHOTOS PAGE ~</B>
<B STYLE="color: #4169E1; font-family: arial; font-weight: 500; font-size: 11pt">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</B>
<DIV ALIGN=RIGHT>Here are some photos you can find in this Gallery. = => ></B>
<DIV ALIGN=CENTER><B STYLE="color: #FFFF00; font-weight: 700; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt"><BR>
CLICK on SLIDESHOW IMAGES or SCROLL the<BR>
THUMBNAIL PHOTOS BELOW to VIEW LARGER IMAGES.</B><BR></TD><TD>SLIDESHOW( your gallery name here, size=small, delay=1, loop=no)</TD></TR></TABLE><BR></DIV>

Here's the link http://1afm.com/tutorials/HTML/Basic-HTML.html
and a google can find others.
--
cheers, 10kzoomfz

photohabit

Re: HTML in a gallery "description" box.

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:39 pm

Thank you :wink:
10kzoomfz wrote:Photohabit,
Although I have different sized photos, here is the HTML code I use, placed in the 'description' box of the gallery. Perhaps you can adjust this to get the desired results your looking for. I can't help you any further than this though, as I only got some info off an HTML tutorial site and messed with it to give me what I wanted. Some of my coding may even be incorrect but it's working the way I want. CSS codes are beyond me so I'm stuck in HTML land and perhaps this will help someone in a similar situation.

I see you have various sized photos so this may not be of much help to you, as Arielen suggested.

<DIV ALIGN=CENTER><TABLE BORDER="3" BORDERCOLORLIGHT=Crimson BORDERCOLORDARK=Fuchsia CELLSPACING=8>
<TR>
<TD><DIV ALIGN=CENTER><B STYLE="color: #FFCC99; font-family: comic sans ms bold; font-size: 18pt">~ § SUB - GALLERIES & PHOTOS PAGE ~</B>
<B STYLE="color: #4169E1; font-family: arial; font-weight: 500; font-size: 11pt">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</B>
<DIV ALIGN=RIGHT>Here are some photos you can find in this Gallery. = => ></B>
<DIV ALIGN=CENTER><B STYLE="color: #FFFF00; font-weight: 700; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt"><BR>
CLICK on SLIDESHOW IMAGES or SCROLL the<BR>
THUMBNAIL PHOTOS BELOW to VIEW LARGER IMAGES.</B><BR></TD><TD>SLIDESHOW( your gallery name here, size=small, delay=1, loop=no)</TD></TR></TABLE><BR></DIV>

Here's the link http://1afm.com/tutorials/HTML/Basic-HTML.html
and a google can find others.
--
cheers, 10kzoomfz

photohabit

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Thank you :wink:
arielen wrote:Add the code below to your CSS code and play around with it. Take note that this is not advisable if you are using different image size for slideshow

#inline_slideshow td
{
}

marcjosef

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 pm

I'll post my question in this thread because it's kinda related, and I just used that nifty code to put a border on my slideshow 8)

When using the FF Web Developer toolbar to "Edit CSS", there are three tabs that come up. I know the first tab is the PBase default and I can't control it. The second tab is my own custom Style Sheet. The third tab comes up if you have a slideshow and it's labeled "Embedded Styles".

I want to know how can I edit that "Embedded Styles"? I want to edit the height and width values in the code ...

#inline_slideshow {
width: 400px;
height: 405px; <---------- These are the default values.
}

photohabit

this code works!

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:53 pm

This code works.. Thanks so much.. Also thanks to the owner of this code as well:)
arielen wrote:Add the code below to your CSS code and play around with it. Take note that this is not advisable if you are using different image size for slideshow

#inline_slideshow td
{
}

andrys

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:33 pm

ctstone also posted the following tip to another forum here.

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=32844

toby23

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:10 pm

hi,

i've managed to edit my css so that i have a white border around thumbnails and main gallery images but can someone please tell me what i have to do to get a white border on the photos when you view a slideshow?

many thanks in advance for your help,

toby

toby23

borders in user selected slideshow

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:07 am

ok, i know i have to change slideshow.css but how can i access this file?

many thanks for your help, toby

joharle

Re: borders around the slideshow

Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:53 pm

I pasted the code provided by 10kzoomfz and with some minor changes it worked great for me however on one of my galleries I use the webdev stylesheet and the borders do not show up. I checked the colors but I do not beleive that is the problem. Could anyone give ma an idea of why it will not work on that style sheet?

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets borders around the slideshow