Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS !! 57th Show & Tell Contest : Family Life

Show and Tell

WINNERS !! 57th Show & Tell Contest : Family Life

Announce and discuss your photos.
pasto

WINNERS !! 57th Show & Tell Contest : Family Life

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:25 am

Many thanks to all who participated and sorry for being late for the results !!... :oops: I will try to write in english, not easy for me, so sorry if it's hard to understand... :oops:

Making my decision wasn't an easy task. Each photo of this contest has its own story, tells us something, that makes it strong most of the time. So I made a choice, my choice, that maybe wouldn't be your, but it's the "game" ! :wink:

Here are some images that I found interesting, for many different reasons. Some of these nearly made the Top 3, it was hard to choose !
We could call it "the honorable mentions" :

http://www.pbase.com/tsienni/image/84392629 (Direct linking doesn't work)

This one nearly made the top 3, excellent picture ! Choice is difficult...

And, the 3rd place goes to Kirsten :

Lot of humour in this scene. I love this this audacious construction.

The 2nd place goes to Stu Egan :

A "mood" picture. Great atmosphere. Love the kid's attitude, their movement, expression on their faces... And the presence of this house in the back brings something strong.

And now here's the winner of this 57th Show and Tell competition :

This picture is so "simple", nearly an "evidence". Everything is on its place, flowers, bears, table, lamp, etc... I love this composition, this simplicity. The link between the "old" lady and the young child, with this book on her knees. This picture tells a story and makes it the best way, like the old lady does. Excellent work.

anerino, you now have the honor of hosting the 58th show and tell contest ! Congratulations !

Again, thank you all for your fantastic entries !

Peace,

Hervé.

alina_kurbiel

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:50 am

Thanks for the mention Havre, and congrats to Anerino, I think I would choose that one too. It is photo that speaks. :D
Alina

downsouthstories

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:47 pm

praetoriv

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:59 pm

Good job everyone. NIce Choices.
Patrick Mitchell
I have discovered photography. Now I can kill myself. I have nothing else to learn. -Pablo Picasso

kirstenmary

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:33 pm

Thank you so much for 3rd! I'm thrilled!

tsienni

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:30 pm

Kirsten, that was a terrific idea for the composition!

Hello,

I have disabled direct linking by default due to some problems in the past. Really sorry for the missing thumbnail.

And thanks for the three wonderful images by the winners. I think I can learn much from the good execution of your works.

Cheers to all,

// Tsienni

kirstenmary

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:26 pm

tsienni wrote:Kirsten, that was a terrific idea for the composition!
Hello,

I have disabled direct linking by default due to some problems in the past. Really sorry for the missing thumbnail.

And thanks for the three wonderful images by the winners. I think I can learn much from the good execution of your works.

Cheers to all,

// Tsienni

Thanks! My older daughter was very upset at the demise of her tea party, and this photo had a "kiss my arse" feel to it, lol.

anerino

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:34 pm

WOW!

Thank you very much for choosing my photo as the winner! I am VERY flattered!

Guess I will have to get my butt in gear and post the new contest!

Again, many thanks!

agroni

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Thanx for the honorable
Congrats to the winner ;)

eko5

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:36 pm

Congrats to every one...
:=))

stuegan

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 pm

Cheers Hervé, thanks for the mention, and congrats to the winner!

jimcritchley

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:32 am

Excellent choices, 3rd time in a row with an honourable mention, thanks :D :D

jestev

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:53 am

Beautiful images and congrats to everyone!
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

janniklindquist

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:39 am

Congratulations to everyone - including the extremely small group of people who wasn't mentioned at all in the "Winners"-post :-)

pasto

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:31 pm

janniklindquist wrote:Congratulations to everyone - including the extremely small group of people who wasn't mentioned at all in the "Winners"-post :-)

:lol:

You're right !
I know that there were many images in the "honorable mentions", but they all deserved to be mentioned I think. :wink:

Hervé.

Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS !! 57th Show & Tell Contest : Family Life