Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS 75th Show & Tell

Show and Tell

WINNERS 75th Show & Tell

Announce and discuss your photos.
jimcritchley

WINNERS 75th Show & Tell

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:39 am

A big thank-you to all who took part in the competition. There were so many wonderful shots that it was a hard job getting them down. I hope you appreciate that as in all art it is subjective and it is purely my opinion on these shots, even if they do not match the photographers own! I have a list of 5 honourable mentions and a 4th, 3rd, 2nd and a winner.

Honourable mentinons.

Sandi Whitteker

The dark and the light make this a beautiful shot.

pamela_oliveras

Unborn life against life, very powerful

berndk

Wonderful shot of three real people in a line all doing something different contrasted with the stone figure.

Mario Martinelli

Great shot of the irony of excessive consumption against a 'happy xmas' message

nostromo

For some reason this photo will not show in this forum no matter how many times I edit it. If you click on the creating thumbnail it will show it.
Great shot of life and art.

4th place
Tsienni
The contrast of the rich and the poor is very evident here.

3rd place
Tsienni
Atmospheric shot of the lonely man in the foreground contrasting very sharply with the loving couple in the background, wonderful photo.

2nd place
kzaret

Works on so many levels that I need not mention them here. For those not aware, Aquafresh is a toothpaste! Wonderful capture with great humour.

1st place
Markus Grompe

There is no greater contrast than life and death. I love the way this photo shows how life can flourish even with death surrounding it. A well deserved winner, great shot.

Really has been an honour to win this competition, there are so many great photo's being entered in the show and tell every time I am sure Markus is going to have as hard (but enjoyable) a time judging as everyone else. Please enjoy Markus.
Last edited by jimcritchley on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:58 am, edited 6 times in total.

terrybowker

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:46 am

Nice job! Congratulations to all!

steve_nelson

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:11 am

Great set of photos. I bet judging this round was very tough.

Nicely done everyone!

treas

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:30 pm

All wonderful picks. This must have been a difficult judging. Markus, I loved your shot, Bravo!!! And Ken I loved yours as well, made me laugh.
Just one question...What is Ken doing with a camera in the men's room?

kzaret

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Well I can't let Treas excellent comment go without a reply! I recall using that very stall in the men's room at a bar, so to speak, and literally laughing out loud at the humor and juxtaposition of the situation, and went back to my table, grabbed my camera from my bag, and then went back in and took the shot. Lucky I had my wide angle on, and even more lucky that no one entered the bathroom while I was shooting!

A big congrats to Markus for a very thoughtful winner shot, and everyone else in the contest.

sandiwhi

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:14 pm

Thanks so much for the honorable mention. Wonderful thoughtful entries in this contest. Congrats to the well-deserved winners!

pamela_oliveras

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Thank you too for the honourable mention...great comp, great shots and great fun entering! :D

agroni

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:50 pm

congratulations to all
cheers

giacomophotographer

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:05 pm

Congratulation to winner !

andrys

Re: WINNERS 75th Show & Tell

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:17 am

jimcritchley wrote: . . .nostromo

For some reason this photo will not show in this forum no matter how many times I edit it. If you click on the creating thumbnail it will show it.
Great shot of life and art.

Jim, the coding was off.

If you check that coding against the ones above and below it, you'll see.

If not, I can post the code in another note. I agree with you on the shot,
and it deserves to show above. Interesting shots, all.

Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNERS 75th Show & Tell