Board index Photography Technical Questions Useage contract

Technical Questions

Useage contract

Discuss technical aspects of photography
tringhenge

Useage contract

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:50 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone can help out with a "contract".

I'm helping out a local band by (trying!) to take some photographs for their flyers, website, CD etc. I am not taking payment for this work, I am getting valuable experience and I want to help them, as well as enjoying some great pub gigs :)

However we agree that whilst their useage is free, any other organisation/company wishing to use the images should contact me and probably pay. We'd both like a formal contract detailing their useage rights, copyright remaining with me etc. I also thought it would be sensible to put a time limit on the use, say two years. They are also happy to credit my work and along with a copyright symbol.

I've tried searching the web, but either my skills with search engines suck (probable) or no-one has done simialr (unlikely). Has anyone got something along these lines I could use, or which would give me a guide as to how to draw up the contract?

dang

Re: Useage contract

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Search for " Model Photo Release", and you should find what you need.

dang

Re: Useage contract

Post Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:37 pm

Not sure I'd be smiling if I depended on making a living with photography. If prices are coming down across "the pond", eventually they will here too. But that's assuming the price of travel doesn't skyrocket in coming years, and only locals will be photographing their areas. But Ben, I'd think you'd be isolated from such, in the position you're in. So guess you can smile all you want.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Useage contract