Board index Photography Technical Questions Style sheet inheritance

Technical Questions

Style sheet inheritance

Discuss technical aspects of photography
horsegoggles

Style sheet inheritance

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:14 pm

Is there a way to force sub galleries to inherit the style sheet of the root gallery? :roll:

djwixx

Re: Style sheet inheritance

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:29 pm

They do already, so I can only assume you've change various galleries to have different style sheets and want to revert back?

horsegoggles

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:30 pm

All of my galleries used the same stye sheet, I changed the root to a new one expecting the sub galleries to inherit, but they didn't. What am I missing

djwixx

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:20 am

OK - I'm with you now!!! When I create a new gallery it uses the same style sheet as the root gallery, by default. In this case you've updated the root gallery with a different style sheet but the remainder of your pages are still set on the previous style sheet. What I do is create a style sheet then edit the root gallery style sheet and copy the contents of the new style sheet into it, so your other galleries pick up the new style sheet in the original style sheet you're already using. You might want to save a copy of the style sheet you're replacing so you can select it again if there are issues with the new style sheet. That should resolve the issue for you, albeit with a little leg work!!

Hopefully that makes sense :wink:

horsegoggles

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:12 pm

djwixx wrote:OK - I'm with you now!!! When I create a new gallery it uses the same style sheet as the root gallery, by default. In this case you've updated the root gallery with a different style sheet but the remainder of your pages are still set on the previous style sheet. What I do is create a style sheet then edit the root gallery style sheet and copy the contents of the new style sheet into it, so your other galleries pick up the new style sheet in the original style sheet you're already using. You might want to save a copy of the style sheet you're replacing so you can select it again if there are issues with the new style sheet. That should resolve the issue for you, albeit with a little leg work!!

Hopefully that makes sense :wink:

Thats a good idea,next time I will do that. I bit the bullet and changed all of them to the new one. I was actually happy with the one I was using, but I had made my own using a background image, and more than half the time the background image would not load or would take forever. There would be a screen full of "loading thumbnail" for who knows how long. Thanks for your reply and the good info.
Don :D

Board index Photography Technical Questions Style sheet inheritance