Board index PBase Show and Tell Winners of the 110th Show and Tell

Show and Tell

Winners of the 110th Show and Tell

Announce and discuss your photos.
pajamacat

Winners of the 110th Show and Tell

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:20 am

Thanks to all who sent in their photos. I've never hosted something like this and found it fun and informative. I found all the photos fit the bill. This was an unusual topic and some were just plain beautiful and would work with a number of themes. Others were only picked due to their historical significance and would not work as a great photo otherwise.

Runner up
Clyne

Here's an example of a picture that would be a bit boring (the composition is interesting though) if not for the "Tsunami at Phuket". Because of this it's a mind blower. The new departure time will be - hrs. It can only grow stronger with time.

Runner up
Ken Zaret

Yeah. Yeah. I may be a Met fan but I know a good photo when I see it. Beautifully exposed shot of the moment frozen in time. I think you caught that special moment between twilight and darkness at the old ballpark wonderfully. 2008 was a good year for the Phils but the Mets will win it all next year.

Runner up
jean louis brillet

Now we're going deep. The conflicts of religion were very much part of the last 8 years. The mysterious green X bumps it up to a whole new level.

Runner up
GP Merfeld

Blunt and to the point. War is hell.

3rd Place
Mary E. McCabe

This is a very mysterious image and has caught my eye since it was posted. I believe there is more to it than meets the eye. Great composition. For a "Welcome Home US Armed Forces" sign it sure conveys a sense of extreme loneiness. Where is everybody?

2nd place
Daniel McCarey

Great shot of the military. I am not sure if I feel safe or threatened. Excellent use of backlighting conveys sense of power but also intimidation. Are they after me or are they helping me. One of the great themes in the past 8 years

1st place
Caryl Ritter

Great shot of the boots of the fallen. The maze makes the picture. Great composition and impact.

Again. Thanks to everyone who sent their shots. I don't believe there was a bad photo in the whole bunch but I had to pick the one's I thought stuck to the theme and caught my eye the most. Of course this is my opinion and one man's opinion is never the absolute truth went it comes to art. Kudos and bravos for anyone that practices the great art of photography!

jlbrillet

Re: Winners of the 110th Show and Tell

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:37 am

Thank you for the "runner up". All photos were great!

Jean Louis Brillet.

terrybowker

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:47 am

Nice job William! Congratulations to Caryl and all of the other winners!

photomary

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks for the 3rd place - very interesting theme - and Caryl, can't wait for your challenge!

kzaret

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks for digging deep and giving credit to the Phillies (and my photo). You are an unusually gracious Mets fan!

And the winning photo is indeed worthy!

best regards to all,

k

clyne

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks for the runner-up! :D

cits_4_pets

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:23 am

The winning image was my favorite. A very emotional shot, like the circular pattern of empty boots leading into the church. The fallen soldiers who unfortunately could not attend. Being in B&W makes it a very powerful image.

One that I really liked that did not get mentioned was the homeless person, liked the very strongcontrast in the setting sun & the recreational sailboat. Showed the well to do with the down & out. (thoyugh some folks prefer to live on the streets and not under a home roof. ) Though homeless folks have been around forever, there are so many more now with the downturn economy.
Some very nice thought provoking images!
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

christophertravels

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:24 am

A very interesting competition and many wonderful photos posted. Well done everyone.

dan092181

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Ya can't go wrong with 2nd place! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks!

Board index PBase Show and Tell Winners of the 110th Show and Tell