Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets External Linking - Could you take a look?

HTML and Style Sheets

External Linking - Could you take a look?

Customize your galleries.
gpmerfeld

External Linking - Could you take a look?

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:21 pm

I have finally gotten around to learning how to externally link from my PBase Gallery to my personal website in order to share some ProShow slide presentation Web Shows. They are all working fine on my computer, especially in Firefox, but I have had someone tell me that they are unable to open any of the shows in order to view them. I have also noticed that sometimes, when using IE, the music to the show stutters and loses sync. When I close and retry, it seems to clear up...

I am wondering if someone here would mind taking a look and telling me if the shows open up OK. You don't have to view the entire show, just let me know if you are able to download the plugin and begin viewing the shows without problems...

Thank you so much... Here is the link to the Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/gpmerfeld/proshowwebshows
Aloha,
GP

happypoppeye

Re: External Linking - Could you take a look?

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Already looked earlier today GP - I had to download ActiveX - which I know I already had - but other than that they worked fine and looked great. I think there is just some plug-in that most people will need to view them. It took about 3 seconds to download...

John

happypoppeye

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:49 pm

Using IE, music is fine. I just took a look at two more and had no problems whatsoever...
I am on fiberoptic line. I think it may stutter if you get to slower speeds. Not an expert though.

John

gpmerfeld

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:12 am

Thanks a lot, John. I appreciate you taking the time to look and report.
Aloha,
G.

happypoppeye

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:34 am

No problem - I was also going to note that my computer isn't really state of the art - running on 1.80 Ghz processor, Nvidia GeForce2 MX graphics card with, I believe, 512 mb of Ram so most people shouldn't have a problem. The problem was probably with the internet speed...

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets External Linking - Could you take a look?