Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Own site with Pbase photo structure

HTML and Style Sheets

Own site with Pbase photo structure

Customize your galleries.
fiorano

Own site with Pbase photo structure

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:40 am

Hi All,

As I couldn't find an answer to this in the search function, I thought lets ask you. Hope you know more.

What I want to know is whether it would be possible to create an own site with a photo section which uses my pbase account and I will be able to upload photo's exactly the same way through pbase.

Regards,
Fiorano

dang

Re: Own site with Pbase photo structure

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:21 am

fiorano wrote:Hi All,

As I couldn't find an answer to this in the search function, I thought lets ask you. Hope you know more.

What I want to know is whether it would be possible to create an own site with a photo section which uses my pbase account and I will be able to upload photo's exactly the same way through pbase.

Regards,
Fiorano

Hi Fiorano,
I'm not exactly sure of what you're asking, so excuse me if my answer isn't what you want...

1. Almost anything is possible, it's a matter of how much trouble & expense you're willing to go to. Assuming you are able to properly code a "stand alone" site, you could simply link to your photo galleries here, but visitors would still have the same access to Pbase. The problem would be if you're trying to make it appear visitors haven't left the original domain.

2. You could have a second domain name which is used to "redirect" visitors, and it would appear in the browser bar (mask) once they transferred over. However, if they access certain pages (such as your guestbook, profile or recent updated page) the browser would then display the Pbase url. To avoid this would require removing the Pbase Menu Bar, and restricting navigation by adding new visible linking in your CSS/html coding here. Needless to say, it probably wouldn't be 100% effective, and search engines will still detect your Pbase site for referral.

3. The best option would be to add the photos to your domain, and avoiding coding both sites. It depends on what your goal is, which you haven't stated.

rawn

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:59 pm

fiorano wrote:Hi All,

Regards,
Fiorano

If I understand your question properly, that's what I attempted to do recently. I had an existing account for my wife's art work at her own domain at http://www.suzrawn.com. I wanted to keep her photo galleries on Pbase and have them appear to be on the same site, or nearly so. With the help of folks here, I customized galleries at http://www.pbase.com/suzrawn with the same look and linked the two domains back and forth. I'm pleased with the result.

Harvey

fiorano

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks for the replies and options.
So I guess it would not be possible to use the pbase structure and site in your own site without leaving a trace back to pbase.
Rawn, I like how your site looks. It is just that returning to your profile for example leads back to pbase which might in my case be confusing.
Best regards,

Fiorano

dang

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:30 pm

You might try Coppermine: http://coppermine-gallery.net/

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Own site with Pbase photo structure