Board index PBase Show and Tell 113th Show & Tell Competition: Fog & Mist - WINNER

Show and Tell

113th Show & Tell Competition: Fog & Mist - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
jwaldorff

113th Show & Tell Competition: Fog & Mist - WINNER

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Thank you to everyone for all of the excellent entries. I must say that that judging this was much more difficult than I thought it was going to be. Not only did I receive a lot of outstanding entries, the variety of images was also incredible! I ended up with 36 finalists, all of which are worthy entries. After hours of debates and deliberation I finally narrowed the field down to 13 (including the winners and 10 runner ups). I know this is a lot of runner ups, but there was a lot of outstanding images and I felt that it was only fair to give these people the recognition they deserve. There were several images that were submitted that were really gorgeous; however, they didn’t have much fog or mist (the subject of this contest), so I did eliminate them based on that alone – sorry.

So here are the final results as chosen by me (with a little help from my wife) ;-)!

Richard

Outstanding composition and mood created by the thick fog.

Sergey Korolev

Great mood and tones. I really like how the bicyclist is riding into the mist.

Susanne v. Schroeder

Love how the sun’s rays are radiating through the fog to slightly give way to the silhouettes of the trees… it creates a fabulous mood!

Dominic Cantin

Love how the bridge disappears into the fog – really eerie, and excellent!

Milos Markovic

Outstanding atmosphere and mood! Tables and chairs suspended into the fog - love the whole concept of this image!

Suzanne Mathia

An island in the fog… great mood and very beautiful!

Randall Fox

A classic and beautiful image of El Capitan. Outstanding composition and the fog gives it a fabulous mood!

J Rayner

Great isolation of the house using the thick fog. It has a wonderful mood… really excellent!

Clyne

Wow -What a great image! Almost eerie how the fog is flowing over the hillside and homes.

Terry Bowker

When I first saw this one I thought of Gotham City and expected Batman to come swooping into the image. Great eerie mood… outstanding!

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

THIRD PLACE - Nina Ludwig

Fabulous comp and atmosphere - but mostly - what a great mood! Love it!

SECOND PLACE - Jeroen Bosman

What a great image! Upon looking at it I feel a sense of hopelessness and despair. I feel sorrow for the man and child walking into this industrialized labyrinth veiled by the haze and fog. Although not real picturesque, this image really tells a story - albeit sad. It is an outstanding work of photojournalism!
And Finally...
FIRST PLACE - Chasp

This image is outstanding on so many different levels. It has so many great elements in the composition brought together superbly. Being a kayaker myself, I can envision myself floating through this very peaceful and beautiful scene! Looks like the house is suspended in the fog on it’s own little island… great job of using the fog to isolate it. Really OUTSTANDING image!

Thank you everyone for a great contest with so many outstanding entries.

Jeff

terrybowker

Re: 113th Show & Tell Competition: Fog & Mist - WINNER

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks Jeff for a great subject and contest. Congratulations to Chasp, his photograph was my favorite also. Lots of great entries!!! Cheers, Terry

hiero

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Thnaks Jeff for being the host and for awarding my image with the second place. I am honoured amidst such strong contenders and glad because the image is very dear to me. Congrats Charlie, your photo is a deserved winner indeed. I hope you will enjoy being the next host.

Cheers,
Jeroen
Jeroen Bosman, glad to be on Pbase
http://www.pbase.com/hiero

sandiwhi

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:31 am

Great contest Jeff! I didn't envy you having to choose a winner among such great pics. Congrats to all the winners!

chasp

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:16 am

Wow! I am honored by the selection and the kind words. All of the finalists were such excellant images, some even spectacular!! Kudos to all, and to Jeff for selecting such an interesting topic, as well for the level of detail and attendion he brought to the judging process. I will ponder on interesting and challenging topics, and post up the new contest by Monday morning, East Coast Time. Congratulations to all of the winners and finalists. I am proud to be noticed among you.

Regards,
Chas

kalamazoo

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:51 am

Many thanks Jeff.
Merci!
Richard

dominiccantin

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:31 am

Congrats Chasp 8) and thanks Jeff for the HM !

Dom :)

agroni

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:46 am

congrats to the winners
great photos

millagios

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm

What a fabulous contest and some stunning entries.
Congratulations to the winner and to all of the participants.
It is a real honor being mentioned in the shortlisted selection, Jeff.
Thank you !

Board index PBase Show and Tell 113th Show & Tell Competition: Fog & Mist - WINNER