Board index PBase Show and Tell 116th Show & Tell Competition: OLD - WINNER

Show and Tell

116th Show & Tell Competition: OLD - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
terrybowker

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful participation in this contest. There were many great entries! First are the Honorable Mentions (in no particular order), followed by the Winners. Congratulations to all of you!

Cheers,

Terry

Honorable mention:
Randall Fox (greybeard_images)“Woman from Tallinn, Estonia". Great capture of this woman character and age! Nice work Randall!

Honorable mention:
Chas Frank “Al Kaline Baseball Mitt - Stan Musial Batt”
Wonderfully presented image of what “is” summer for so many in America. Great light, composition and sharpness!

Honorable mention:
Jean Louis Brillet’s “the old guy” Great intensity captured in his face!

Honorable mention:
Richard (kalamazoo) “Le Cirque” I really like this image of this old woman. Either she is first in line or the Cirque has left town without her! Very nice composition!

Honorable mention:
Ken Zarat’s “Persistence” would make Henri Cartier-Bresson and Robert Doisneau proud!

Honorable mention:
Sandi Whitteker Fantastic Bristlecone Pines” Leave it to Sandi to find one of the oldest living things on the planet and then take a wonderful image of it. Great composition and color, fascinating subject!

5th Place goes to David Ramos Martin (monkeypainter) for his image “Psycho”. I like the contrast between the older woman walking by the sign of the younger person who has their eyes closed to the old woman as she walks by.

4th Place goes to Milos Markovic. This wonderful composition of these eyes is really haunting. Please take the time to look at his gallery “It’s all in the eyes”.

3rd Place goes to Michael Kirby (justanotherconcussion) for his image of these old trampoline springs. Interesting subject here as well as the detail, and the sweep of the springs in the background that lead you away from the subject, then also draw you back. I hope to see more from this artist!

2nd Place goes to Dennis Camp (Fishit) for his Clermont County Taxi “Bug Eyes”. Great subject and composition of this image, the yellow sky really gives this shot allot of punch! Nicely done!

1st Place is awarded to Stuart Clyne for this outstanding image of this gentleman in Luang Prabang, Laos. This image is perfectly presented with wonderful dynamic range, great bokeh, and sharpness of subject!
Congratulations Stuart!
Last edited by terrybowker on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandiwhi

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Another great contest and wonderful entries. I'm flattered to be mentioned among such an outstanding selection of winning shots. Thanks so much.
Last edited by sandiwhi on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

chasp

Re: 116th Show & Tell Competition: OLD - WINNER

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:05 am

Terry,
You ran a great contest with a wonderful theme. I am honored to be mentioned in it. Wonderful job, and congratulations to all. Stuart, a special congatulations to you! Your work is outstanding.

Chas

fishit

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:18 am

Thanks for the second place nod, you had some very hard choice and you made a good first one.

monkeypainter

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:51 am

I got 5th!!!! 'm very happy!

Thanxs!!!!!... and don't forget to visit my galleries, and drop there tons of comments and votes :D :D !

clyne

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:53 am

Wow! Thanks! Next competition will be announced soon.

Cheers,
Stuart

justanotherconcussion

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks for the third place. Im very honored to have been mentioned in such a great competition. And a big Congrats to all the other winners.

millagios

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 pm

Thank you, Terry. I am very honored to be in your ranked favorites selection.
Best wishes,
Milos

Board index PBase Show and Tell 116th Show & Tell Competition: OLD - WINNER