Board index PBase Show and Tell 123rd Show & Tell Competition: Performance - WINNER

Show and Tell

123rd Show & Tell Competition: Performance - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
danserphoto

mcgarva

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Great entries for this Show and Tell!

I think one of the main criteria for any performance type of photograph is capturing the moment or the emotion of the scene. All of the following did this, in my opinion.

Honorable Mentions:

Aaron Zeitler: Romy Ulysse 0036 - Great studio work here. Love the facial expression and the blurring of the guitar. I just hope it wasn't actually smashed :)

Bud: Trombone IMGP1743 - Love the capture. You can tell the guy is trying to get out that high note. Background, although busy, contributes to the story of the picture. New Orleans street bands are always a pleasure to listen to.

Clyne: Oct 9 - Love the lighting and the mid-air capture. Very graceful shot.

Barry Liimakka: Artist at Work - Although I'm rarely a fan of selective color, I enjoyed this one, as it created two views of the same scene.

3rd Place:

I decided to have a tie for 3rd because I could not decide between these two images, as they are very similar, and equally emotionally captive:

In no particular order,

Dennis Camp: Piano Player - The mood set by this picture is very compelling. I love the illumination of the music by the lamp. The motion of the hands playing is superb.

Mary E. McCabe: Inspired - Equally compelling due to the mood of the photo. I love the lighting and the subject.

2nd Place:

Kirsten: Holiday 2008 - Beautiful image, the softglow works nicely. Great capture.

Winner:

McGarva: Fosse - The symmetry in this photo is what caught my eye intially, along with the vibrant reds. I love live performance shots. This one is top notch. Congratulations!

bclaypole

Re: 123rd Show & Tell Competition: Performance - WINNER

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:42 am

Congrats to the finalist, good choices.

photomary

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:08 am

Thanks for the 3rd(tie) - all wonderful choices and look forward to the next one.

fishit

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks for the 3rd place nod, it is appreciated.

kirstenmary

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Thank you so much for 2nd!!

cits_4_pets

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:42 pm

All great photos that were chosen. Excellent work capturing the emotion of performing. Congratulations all!!!
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

mcgarva

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Many thanks to "danserphoto" for selecting my image.
I feel very honoured in such company to win this competition.

gillk

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:41 am

Congratulations to the winners - what a great bunch of photos - well chosen "danserphoto"
Gill

Board index PBase Show and Tell 123rd Show & Tell Competition: Performance - WINNER