Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Not showing Photo creation date

HTML and Style Sheets

Not showing Photo creation date

Customize your galleries.
bluebirdnut

Not showing Photo creation date

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:39 pm

Although in my profile options I have it set NOT to show the exif data on my photos, on some of the images it's still showing the photo creation date underneath the larger image. I don't really want it to do that. I know I can go in and delete that data individually on each photo, but is there some way to make having it NOT show a default?

mardoli

Re: Not showing Photo creation date

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:02 pm

I think you had asked how to make invisible the galleries title in your root pages, but now I cannot find your post anymore, maybe you deleted it...
Anyway to make the date of the photo invisible, without being obliged to delete each of them manually you have two options.
Either you select in edit mode all the photos of your gallery then you delete the date always in edit mode in the section “Batch Update Selected Images in this Gallery”, so you have to do that only once for every gallery instead of deleting all the dates one after the other or you make a change in your style sheet adding the following code
Code: Select all
SPAN.date {
display:none;
}

I hope it can help
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

bluebirdnut

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:33 am

Hmmmm - I tried the style sheet method, but it didn't seem to work for me. I must have done somthing wrong. However the batch processing method works. Thanks for pointing that out - don't know why I didn't see it!

flemmingbo

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:21 am

I hope it is ok if I just jump in here with a little suggestion :D

Try it without the span in front, just have .date like this

Code: Select all
.date {
display:none;
}

Should hopefully work, can't check it right now as I am on my laptop and don't have the web developer plugins etc.

best regards,

Flemming
Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo
My photography blog: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Not showing Photo creation date