Board index PBase Show and Tell 130th Show & Tell Competition: Backlight - WINNER

Show and Tell

130th Show & Tell Competition: Backlight - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
hiero

kirstenmary

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 pm

I had an interesting week looking at the images being entered in the contest. I liked that there was such a great variety in the subjects. I am going to mention seven images that struck me most. Needless to say, this is purely subjective.

In no particulary order I would like to mention:

This one has a quality that I like: the more you look at it, the more you discover.

A beautiful circle. The few seeds breaking out of it make the picture.

Again, this is an image that leaves something to guess. Is this just exercise? Is she letting of steam with kick boxing? Very well done.

After letting your eye inspect everything outside in that maze of reflections you are left just pondering what she is pondering.

Third place:

Beautiful glow around the buildings, nice strange curved shadow of the basket, great B&W tones.

Second place:

This one has superb light. I like that there is some detail left. Really a great image!

The winner:

Lovely tender subject, great tones, nice glow around their bodies and a fully blown out background. I can't get around the fact this has to be the winner, and I do not want to. Congratulations Kirsten! It is up to you!
Jeroen Bosman, glad to be on Pbase
http://www.pbase.com/hiero

terrybowker

Re: 130th Show & Tell Competition: Backlight - WINNER

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:27 am

Congratulations to Kirsten! Very nice winning photograph! Thanks for the 2nd place nod!

Cheers,

Terry

kirstenmary

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm

WOW!!!! I am shocked, thrilled, and grateful! Thank you so much!

Give me a day to come up with a theme, and I will post a new contest tomorrow afternoon. :D

ulishna

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:57 am

Thank you very much!

rybnicki

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks a lot! :)

cat_stennette

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 am

Thank you for the mention!!!! There were so many great photos in this weeks contest!!!!!

Cat

Board index PBase Show and Tell 130th Show & Tell Competition: Backlight - WINNER