Board index PBase Feature Requests Right Click Disabled Feature

Feature Requests

Right Click Disabled Feature

Request changes or modifications.
jypsee

Re: Right Click Disabled Feature

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:39 am

indybear wrote:It was just pointed out to me on another post that I started where I said that this issue was FIXED, that it is actually not - read on...
User jypsee - pointed out to me that he could still drag any of my images to his desktop and it would copy there.

Well... if you had gone to my pages, indybear, you'd see I'm a she

Mary in SW Florida, USA

mccartney

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:02 am

jypsee wrote:
indybear wrote:It was just pointed out to me on another post that I started where I said that this issue was FIXED, that it is actually not - read on...
User jypsee - pointed out to me that he could still drag any of my images to his desktop and it would copy there.

Well... if you had gone to my pages, indybear, you'd see I'm a she

Mary in SW Florida, USA

Sorry jypsee, just a slip up, I had already been to your pages :oops:
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

dominiccantin

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:40 am

jehan wrote:Question: Can you disable right click for thumbnails at galleries?
Answer: No. This would require a lot of code on each page to "protect" ( I use that term loosely) very small images/thumbnails.

Thanks for letting us know !

Dom :)

barnsie01

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:58 am

Thank you Pbase.
Its not as good as the previous option but hey its alot better than nothing which is what we had the last few weeks.
It cost me a fortune and i was facing reality of setting up a new website and leaving pbase so this solution will keep out a few of the honest ones and keep me with pbase.

Many thanks

Barnsie
http://www.pbase.com/barnsie01

soniflygirl

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks Pbase the right click disable option is great.

alexhowen

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:18 am

Thank you for the change. I appreciate the simple interface on Pbase however the platform needs work to keep it fresh and feature set current.

reneg

Post Tue May 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Great feature! Thanks.

Would it be possible to have it disabled in some of the galleries and enabled into others.

The reason for this, is I do volunteer work as a photographer and I place those pictures in hidden galleries, and some people like to download low res for whatever reason – one of them is this lady who does a quick small printed report of each event that I photograph for their organization; she just downloads an 800 pixel wide pic, put it in her Word file, add text and prints it on her home printer and puts it in her media book. I don't think she's computer savvy enough to use another method on her own, plus she's on a PC (I'm a Mac person). If not, I may have to tell her another way of doing it, I'll have to ask around on how to get around this.

This setting could be put in the "advanced" tab for each galleries.

cameraz

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:53 am

Thank you very much, pbase. I know it's not foolproof protection for our photos, but it will prevent 90 percent of the people out there from stealing our work. The other 10 percent would find ways, no matter what measures we would take.

--StevenN

enigmawmn

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Get the following when trying to enable:

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pbase.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

robert_m_mcfarlane

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Is it possible to have the Right-Click disabled feature active for most galleries but not for others? I would like to offer right-click downloads for certain galleries and images while maintaining the disabled rclick for most of the other galleries/images.

donww

Post Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm

PBase, a few people have indicated a desire to have the right click disabled for some but not all galleries. Can you provide an indication of whether this is possible/planned? This would a great feature to protect images we do not want in the public domain and others that we don't care as much about.

Thanks
Don W.

Also: PLEASE make the left and right arrows functional for scrolling from photo to photo without having to click next or previous.

Previous

Board index PBase Feature Requests Right Click Disabled Feature