Board index PBase Show and Tell 136th Show & Tell Competition: Where Nobody Knows Your Name

Show and Tell

136th Show & Tell Competition: Where Nobody Knows Your Name

Announce and discuss your photos.
pavona

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:29 pm

So, it's true what they say. Definitely hard to go through and pick a winner. All of you had great photos to submit, so it was very hard trying to hone in on which ones fit the contest the best and then figuring out which ones really just grabbed me.
Thank you all for sharing, and I hope to see you out for all the upcoming contests (and maybe even traveling around and working together!)

Honorable Mentions: (in a somewhat ascending order)
chasp
danspend
ATucker
Mats K
Mark Caballar
Gill Kopy
Nick Vivian
Chris Bladon

Third Place: (I chose three here, they were all great!)
Yulia Smirnova- Great color and framing. Makes me want to go and "get away."
Dominic Cantin- Same here. Great shot of a nice little tucked away cottage on the seaside... I feel like this is where I should retire! :lol:
James Ross- This is a great little row of houses(?) along the waterfront. Reminded me of my trip to Mallorca a bit.

Second Place:
McGarva- This photo is superb! It almost looked like a completely remote valley in the mountains until I noticed the road cutting through. Excellent!

These next two photos were almost too evenly matched. What tipped the scales, in the end, was the relevance to the theme. Sometimes the story behind the photo helps!
First and a half place:
Jeroen Bosman- This is a phenomenal capture. I would hate to have to be that cold just to get that shot, but well done! That line from the ridge really sets this photo up. And just the sheer magnitude of the expanse that person is crossing really shows the solitude.

First Place:
Sandi Whitteker- Awesome shot. I love the wash coming up on the sand (is that actually a black sand beach, or just a product of the b&w shot?). But as I mentioned, the story pushed this over the edge for the win. This is right on Highway One, north of San Francisco and yet seems a million miles away.... even called "The Lost Coast." Perfect! Congrats!

terrybowker

Re: 136th Show & Tell Competition: Where Nobody Knows Your Name

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Very nice picks! Congratulations to Sandi! Wonderful shot!!
Cheers,

Terry

ifusec

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Very nice shots you've chosen here, and a great theme too ^^

sandiwhi

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:32 am

Thanks so much Chris for the 1st place, and congratulations to all the winners. Great topic! Will get busy thinking up a new challenge for everyone.
Last edited by sandiwhi on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ulishna

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:03 am

Thank you very much for third place!

hiero

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks Chris for the 'first and a half' place. That was a close escape ;-) Congrats to Sandi and the other winners.

Cheers,
Jeroen
Jeroen Bosman, glad to be on Pbase
http://www.pbase.com/hiero

fishit

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm

sandiwhi wrote:Thanks so much Chris for the 1st place, and congratulations to all the winners. Great topic! Will get busy thinking up a new challenge for everyone.

*Fishit High *5s sandi ... great pictures one and all.

chasp

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Happy to have been top of the bottom, or bottom of the top, however you want to look at it. Nice work by all, and kudos to Chris for the fine, if unenviable ,job of judging them all. Looking forward to the next topic.

Chas

cbladon

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks for the mention and the great subject choice which attracted some beautiful images

mcgarva

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks for the second place!
Took this only last week when on holiday and got some special light that day.
You had some tough choices to make and there were a lot of worthy winners.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 136th Show & Tell Competition: Where Nobody Knows Your Name