Board index Photography Technical Questions What am I doing wrong?

Technical Questions

What am I doing wrong?

Discuss technical aspects of photography
sherrells77

What am I doing wrong?

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Ok I have a question? I have been doing photography for a lil while and i seem to go through spurts were im good and not so good.. I dont know if its just a rut or what but its to the point of driving me MAD, I want my people pics to just look very nature.. not flashed, but still see the light of thier eyes.. and no matter what I do I never get the look I really want! Does anyone have any tips? Also I have used different sources of lights, and I have even used reflectors and I dont know maybe its just me...lol.. Im talking mainly outdoors.. but I also want to figure out my lighting set up for better indoor pics in tight places.

sthuman

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 am

That's just the way it goes. Some days no matter what you do you get bad results. Other days everything just clicks (pun intended!) Regarding light, or flash, do the opposite of what you might think is right. Don't use flash when light isn't bright, and use it when light IS bright Fill flash in bright light gives more detail and looks natural, but flash in dim light looks flashed. If fill flash is done right people will think WOW, that looks great, but never even get a clue flash was used.

Other than that, just keep shooting and don't worry too much. Trying to get great shots is often what prevents us from doing so. Going out just to relax and have fun will often result in better photos. IE, it's the passion.

Board index Photography Technical Questions What am I doing wrong?