Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Style Sheet Terms

HTML and Style Sheets

Style Sheet Terms

Customize your galleries.
dickh

Style Sheet Terms

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Can someone please explain what these terms used in the Style Sheets mean. I want to change some colors, but I don't know which ones I will be changing. Do these terms refer to the text on the page - headings, etc.?
LINK
ACTIVE
VISITED
HOVER - I assume that means that the text will change to the color I put in here when my cursor hovers over it.

ladytanya

Re: Style Sheet Terms

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:50 pm

dickh wrote:Can someone please explain what these terms used in the Style Sheets mean. I want to change some colors, but I don't know which ones I will be changing. Do these terms refer to the text on the page - headings, etc.?
LINK
ACTIVE
VISITED
HOVER - I assume that means that the text will change to the color I put in here when my cursor hovers over it.

this term describe a link style, i.e. text between
Code: Select all
<a ....>
and
</a>
tags.
WBRG, Lady Tanya.

dickh

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:38 am

ladytanya wrote:
dickh wrote:Can someone please explain what these terms used in the Style Sheets mean. I want to change some colors, but I don't know which ones I will be changing. Do these terms refer to the text on the page - headings, etc.?
LINK
ACTIVE
VISITED

this term describe a link style, i.e. text between
<a ....>
and
</a>
tags.

There is nothing like that on my pbase pages.
And what about ACTIVE, VISITED & HOVER?

dougj

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:42 am

LINK
ACTIVE
VISITED

These terms relate to hyperlinks on a webpage.
- A link is frequently text that maybe underlined and/or a specific color, that when clicked takes the user to a different webpage, etc.
- Active means what happens when the user clicks on a link with the mouse and does not yet release the button - maybe it changes color, changes in size, etc.
- Visited can be used to change the color of the link after a user clicks on the link to indicated it has already been viewed/selected.
- Hover means what happens when a user the mouse cursor over a link without clicking on the link.

Some references are in the PBasewiki CSS Guide:
http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

Another good reference is the W3C guide:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/indexlist.html

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Style Sheet Terms