Board index PBase Show and Tell 142nd Show & Tell Competition: Winner

Show and Tell

142nd Show & Tell Competition: Winner

Announce and discuss your photos.
jimcritchley

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 am

Hi all, as usual the standard of photos was excellent and while for me there was a clear winner this time, so many of the storyboards could have made the other two top places.

As usual I will start with the honourable mentions first. I will only post one of the images for each honourable mention and then all the images for the top three.
Honourable mentions

pajamacat

The direct contact with the eyes tells the story of eating an oyster. I can certainly understand the reaction from the lady!

terrybowker

Great capture of the river trade in Asia. Choose your fare and hope it tastes nothing like it looks :o

Third place
nickviv

A series of well composed landscapes with great use of the available light. You can almost feel the warmth in the final shot after the coolness of the first.

Second place
unjay

A series of very powerful messages about the need of some people to travel for fresh water and the fact that the girl fetching the water is of a very young age.

First place
jlben

Having kids myself, these series of images perfectly capture the trials and tribulations that kids and their parents have to go through. You can see the curiosity in the child in the first shot and the shock and horror of falling in the third. What the camera doesn't show, but all parents who see this shot will know, is the horror of the parents at seeing their child fall. A great series of photographs, jlben you now have the dubious honour of hosting the next event. Have fun :D

terrybowker

Re: 142nd Show & Tell Competition: Winner

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Congratulations to Juan Leon and all of the other winners! Thanks Jim for the mention, looking forward to the next contest. Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to all!

Cheers,

Terry

unjay

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:37 pm

What a surprise! Thanks for a second place.
Congratulations for jlben, but have to say it looks horrific - hope the kid is OK.

jlben

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:46 pm

Thank you very much Jim and congrats to the others winners :D

Fortunately, my little girl was not hurt:

The kid is Ok Andrzej :wink:

Regards,

Juan

pajamacat

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Thanks! My Mom now loves oysters.

sandiwhi

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Congrats to all the winners, and to Juan for his amazing captures. My immediate favorite too. I clicked to Juan's website asap, hoping to see that she was ok. How must you have felt when you saw you darling little girl tumbling down the steps through the lens of your camera? Heart-stopping. What a great series, and what a little wild woman you have there Juan. So cute.

jlben

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:37 pm

sandiwhi wrote: How must you have felt when you saw you darling little girl tumbling down the steps through the lens of your camera? Heart-stopping.

You said it: heart-stopping :shock: But my finger couldn´t stop...

By the way, I don´t see appearing the "New Contest" button :(

nickviv

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks for the 3rd place !

These pics form part of a series in my book..
More details here:
http://www.fjallbackaphotos.com/Photos/2

Brilliant winner... totally agree with that choice....

:P

sandiwhi

Automated System

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Re the automated system.

Here's what Jim said when he started the last contest...

"Looks like the automates system didn't post the rules (or I did something wrong!), so here they are."

That would tell me that the automated system wasn't working right. And it didn't seem to stop the contest either. Usually it says LOCKED, but instead, Jim posted that the contest was closed. It was broken when I tried to use it a few contests back too.

Guess you'll have to do it the old fashioned way Juan.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 142nd Show & Tell Competition: Winner