Board index PBase Show and Tell 151st Show & Tell Competition: Bottom's Up - WINNER

Show and Tell

151st Show & Tell Competition: Bottom's Up - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
happypoppeye

151st Show & Tell Competition: Bottom's Up - WINNER

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:55 pm

OK. Without further ado. Alot of great entries in this one. Thanks to all who participated. This was a tough one.

First off - the most creative awards, in no partcular order, go to:

Dominic Cantin:
Great catch. Timing is everything.

Brad Claypole:
If you haven't seen the video of what Brad likes to do for fun, which is to tie his cameras to train tracks and let the trains run them over, while watching and laughing evilly from the bridge above, than click on the link.

The most dramatic has to be Chris Pavona's "Battle Tested" - great shot:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the over all winners:

4th: Mike Stobbs - now this is an angle - I hope your not using Brads camera for this...

3rd: Peter Stubley's "Looking for Light". You found some, and used it very well.

Peter, I put this in second at first, but being a straight-up type of shot, I had to bump it down. I know... Just trying to be honest. It is definitely a great one. IQ -wise, it is great, it was a tough choice.

2nd: Kirkby - good thinking, definitely life. I almost wanted to make this the winner. It's very original. The life of a sock and it's last memories.

1st: Dima & Nelya for a real eye catching angle of the Petronas Towers. I really liked this one and is what I had in mind when I started the competition:

So, congratulations to everyone. I'm tellin' ya. I could have picked five winners and it took a long while to decide. I did my best. I do think Dima & Nelya and definitely deserved of the win though. Great shot. Congratulation!!!

John

pavona

Re: 151st Show & Tell Competition: Bottom's Up - WINNER

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Sweet! Thanks John!!!

happypoppeye

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:05 pm

It's a great shot. A real "looker" so to say...

pavona wrote:Sweet! Thanks John!!!

impalass

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Thanks for the 4th John...and congrats to all the winners and entries. Some super work here.
Looking forward to the next Show & Tell.....

Cheers...Mike

happypoppeye

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Actually, I kinda feel bad about it Mike. It's a great shot. All the top four were really winners in my book. But I had to choose.
Great shot.
John

impalass wrote:Thanks for the 4th John...and congrats to all the winners and entries. Some super work here.
Looking forward to the next Show & Tell.....

Cheers...Mike

fishit

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:08 am

Excellent choices and nice comps to all the winners and HM ...

pstubley

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 am

Thanks for the 3rd place. I'd have put the ones you chose for 1 and 2 ahead of mine, too. Lots of good entries -- I don't envy you the choice.

Thanks again.

Peter

bclaypole

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 am

If you haven't seen the video of what Brad likes to do for fun, which is to tie his cameras to train tracks and let the trains run them over, while watching and laughing evilly from the bridge above, than click on the link.

Thanks for the HM. Some great choices and congrats to the Dima & Nelya.
And for the record - it's more of a nervous sweat than evil laughing! lol

jose3344

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 am

Many thanks for 1st place. This morning very happy for us.
We the first time participated in competition and we are happy that could to please you to ours picture.
All pictures which participated in competition are magnificent and everyone deserve the highest appraisal.

Best wishes. Dima and Nelya

justanotherconcussion

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Oh wow! thanks for the 2nd! All of the winners were excellent and the choice for first was one that caught my eye as well. Great challenge!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 151st Show & Tell Competition: Bottom's Up - WINNER