Board index PBase Feature Requests iPad app

Feature Requests

iPad app

Request changes or modifications.
robertholloway

iPad app

Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi there

I've been with you guys for years and my girlfriend just gave me an iPad.

Any hope of an iPad app in the future?

Thx
Rob

arjunrc

Re: iPad app

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Ah... so that's the difference between girlfriends and wives.
Girlfriends: Give you an iPad
Wives: Give you 10 reasons why you should not buy one.

(On another note, I don't think PBase will do much with an ipad app. There is just too much broken within which we never know when and if they will be fixed, so my guess is the iPad is way off their radar)
--
I don't check forums very often these days, so if you need to get a response from me, please send me an email (see my profile) and NOT a PM.

jeswang

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:36 am

I'm pbase old member. have iPhone long time. need iPhone app to upload my photos too when I outdoor.

now I have iPad in this week, need the app urgent. or I would like move to other web site. :?:

jypsee

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:25 pm

I'm curious as to what you intend to upload via you iPad. There's no camera, so you must be getting your photos ON the iPad some other way (camera connector? syncing via app such as dropbox, sugarsync..) The stuff I do on the iPad isn't usually photography, but digital art and I upload that to my macbook and then upload it to Pbase. What's the big deal?

picnic

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I've had an Ipad for several months and am perfectly happy viewing Pbase galleries in Safari or one of the other browsers. Photos look great.

My camera connector is due tomorrw but even then I have no desire to post to Pbase directly. I want to run all my files through Lightroom rather than an app like Photogene before I post to Pbase. .

claystewart

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:24 pm

jypsee wrote:I'm curious as to what you intend to upload via you iPad. There's no camera, so you must be getting your photos ON the iPad some other way (camera connector? syncing via app such as dropbox, sugarsync..) The stuff I do on the iPad isn't usually photography, but digital art and I upload that to my macbook and then upload it to Pbase. What's the big deal?

Imagine being on a long backpacking trip, where weight was the most important factor. You wouldn't want to have an iPad and a laptop and a laptop alone is too much weight, but an iPad might just be able to find it's way into my pack, if I could load pics to my PAD with it. Personally, I think all of technology is moving to smaller and lighter and Pbase better get on the ball, or they are likely to be left in the past with very few customers. :D

jypsee

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm

@ claystewart: I doubt I'll ever do much photo processing on an iPad, but ... IF someone were to do what flickr, etc., do, which is to make uploading via email possible, then your issue would be solved. Or, get someone to make an APP. I do lots of photos with my android phone and would like to have a Pbase APP for Android (such as Flickroid) but I'm not leaving Pbase over not having one. I have a Flickr account and it's pretty crappy, IMO. Pbase is way better for me (CSS control, visitor views, linking, etc..).

hankz

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:53 am

I'm motorcycling traveling with my IPad and really like to upload along the way. with the growing popularity of the iPad it would very useful not to seek out another computer just for uploads. the iPad makes an excellent photo viewer and a photo uploaded would be icing on the cake.

melaniekipp

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:26 pm

I agree, we need an app for the iPad and iPhone ASAP. There are tons of photography related apps for editing. The new iPad has a camera as well. I have several photos on the iPad I am posting this reply on and would love to post them in one of my galleries directly from the iPad. Alas, the "select image" button is not active when I try to do an upload!

fishit

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:23 am

I think there would be a good ROI for arrange the app for PBase.
The question is integration and expense Apple i think is likely is not free to allow apps.
I could be wrong, but time is not free either for Slug.
Updating to handle held is the new rage with better cell phone cameras and Ipad stuff.

joanteno

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:44 pm

I agree, I want an IPAD app. Just finishing 5 days of shooting in the Glencoe with just an IPAD 2. With Photo gene, I am able to do basic editing to get an idea of photographs. They are good enough for the WWW. Final edits to be done at home. So Pbase, how about an IPAD app!

Joan

crocodile

Post Mon May 02, 2011 10:08 am

Agree with the comments above. I use my iPad a lot as I am on the road very frequently. An iPad app to upload into Pbase would be very useful.

crocodile

Post Tue May 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to use FTP to upload photos into a pbase account. I found an FTP app that works well for uploading photos into a couple of my other sites -an okay work around for sites when you can't use the browser to select a phto for upload. If we could FTP our photos from the iPad into the main upload inbox of our pbase account, we should then be able to mov te photos into our various galleries from there.

woofess

Post Thu May 26, 2011 2:10 am

Yes please!!! I have brought my iPad2 with me to Malaysia and have uploaded all my photos to it - but no way to get them up tp Pbase:(
W:)

ngruev

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:06 pm

I do travel a lot. The lighter the better. Within a month I will buy me an Ipad2 and leave my five kilos laptop home. Once I leave the house, I am out for months at a time.
My tendency is to get away from laptops and switch to something smaller and lighter. The way I did with my camera, from Olympus to a pocket size Sony. What I am saying is, that very soon I will need an application to enable me to download from my Ipad2 to PBase. The sooner the better.

Next

Board index PBase Feature Requests iPad app