Board index PBase Show and Tell 174th Show & Tell Competition: A Splash of Colour - WINNER

Show and Tell

174th Show & Tell Competition: A Splash of Colour - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
m_hauss

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Well, this sure was great fun. But it was also incredibly difficult to chose just three winners from such a fantastic selection of amazing images. So a hearty congratulations on some fine photographs and a big thank you to everyone. I sure had a great time coming back again and again, always finding even more incredible shots to chose from. Deciding on a winner wasn't easy as a lot of images were more than worthy of the crown.

Honorable mentions (in no particular order):

Great use of the selective colouring, but also great perspective and a nice, metropolitan flair.

Very emotional shot. The selective colouring works really well to set the focus and a wel chosen frame as well as great use of DoF do the rest.

Sweet image. Not only does the gentle toning underline the effect of the selective colouring; in addition, the timing is just excellent.

The image might have been entered with a wink, but it still appealed to me. The blue torso and head of the figurine contrast quite nicely to the white of the clothes and background.

Excellent framing and timing. The strong colours of the costumes build an amazing contrast to the scenery and lend this picture a nice "theatre flair".

Very strong, intense portrait; so full of emotion. I'm sure this picture would also work without selective colouring, but it does give the photo the "something special".

The blue toning of the torso contrasts perfectly with the red of the wristband. Also, the framing and pose are very well chosen to create a unique image.

How sweet is that? Amazing shot, so full of emotion. I love how the selective colouring perfectly accentuates the babies' hats.

3rd place:

Amazing shot. The shape of the car is perfectly emphasized by the way light and shade work together.

2nd place:

Fascinating shot of a well-known landmark. I like how the streak of colour seems to rip the picture in two. Very well chosen framing.

1st place:

All three pictures by Marcel would have earned a place on the podium, as they were all flawlessly executed. However, I always kept coming back to the cat for the amazing, cristal blue eyes. It is incredible how they stand out of the greyish face of the animal. Of course, as all of Marcel's images, the photograph is very well done with a great frame and incredible texture. Congratulations Marcel on a truly inspiring animal portrait and on winning this competition. Have fun hosting the next contest!

Thanks and congratulations to everyone, this was great fun.

All the best,
Matthias

terrybowker

Re: 174th Show & Tell Competition: A Splash of Colour - WINNER

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Congratulations to Marcel de Jong! Great idea for a contest and very nice selection of winners, congrats to all!

Cheers,

Terry

gillk

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Congratulations Marcel - and other winners. Great competition.
Gill

fishit

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:29 am

Matthias thanks for the HM nod, and congrats to the winners.

mdejong

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:15 am

Thanks for the honor Matthias ! Great idea for a contest.

Marcel

sandiwhi

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:20 am

Congrats, Matthias for a fun and successful contest, and to Marcel for your excellent winning pic. And thanks so much for honoring me with a place among such a wonderful selection of entries. I'm surprized and flattered. Looking forward to your contest Marcel.

norm4fun

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Good work Marcel. Thanks Matthias for the nice work.

emmelafoto

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Congratulations, Marcel. a great picture for sure!

gpmerfeld

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks for the Mention, Mathias! Congrats to Marcel and all of the other winners, as well as all those who posted such fine images... Aloha, GP.

jlben

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:06 am

Thanks Matthias for the HM :D. Great and fun contest!

Congrats Marcel :wink:

fishit

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 pm

175?

It seems Marcel is not able or wanting to start the 175th theme.
Sandi will need to start it 24-36 hours unless the winner does so before then.
That was the old basic policy before the automation.

sandiwhi

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:15 am

Hi all,

I hear ya Dennis.

I've emailed Marcel a couple times, with no reply yet. Not sure what's up, but strangely, if you go to the Show and Tell Competition History, there is a 175th listed, with a subject of Shadows... but the link for it goes nowhere. Makes me think he may be having problems with the auto program. I know I've had problems with it.

I'll keep an eye on this, and if we don't hear from Marcel or see a contest pretty soon, I'll reluctantly take it over. In the meantime, maybe some of you can try to reach Marcel and see what's up.

Best...
Sandi

lesliec

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:40 am

Congratulations to Marcel and thank you for the Honorable mention...my first ever entries here...

jojie_alcantara

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:34 am

I've been wondering about the broken link myself. It says the subject of the 17th Show & Tell is "Shadows". Either Marcel isn't aware of the broken link or he may have deleted the topic. Either way, Pbase admin must be informed of the broken link.
"A photographer is nothing without his camera." - Eddie Cohen
http://www.kodakerdabawenya.com
http://www.pbase.com/jojie_alcantara

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell 174th Show & Tell Competition: A Splash of Colour - WINNER