Board index PBase Show and Tell 183rd Show & Tell Competition: Low Level Photography - WINNER

Show and Tell

183rd Show & Tell Competition: Low Level Photography - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
bclaypole

wienerman

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks to all who entered, it was though choosing, but with all contests there has to be a winner.

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order):

3rd Place - I kept coming back to "In My Garden", the background tones and light added so much to this simple subject.

2nd Place - Cooper's Hawk ( juv ). The details are accentuated in this young Hawk by the milky background, making this shot right in line with the contest. Amazing that you got as close as you did considering it is wild, well done.

1st Place - Goes to Wienerman for this excellent Low Level, tons of background blur, shot of this dog in a flat out run. To take a good picture of a dog in a run is something that has always eluded me, you nailed a great one. Additionally, the pose and incredibly small DOF makes this number 1 with me.

Over to you Jeff.

terrybowker

Re: 183rd Show & Tell Competition: Low Level Photography - WINNE

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 am

Congratulations to all! Love the winning shot!!! Nice contest Brad.

Terry

fishit

183rd Show & Tell Competition: Low Level Photography - WINNE

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:09 am

congrats Jeff, hope you chose as challenging theme as the last.
All entries seemed exceptional ... congrats to the winners and HM ...

dominiccantin

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 am

Congrats Jeff , your pictures is stunning !!! 8) Congrats to all and thanks for the 2nd place :shock:

Dom :)

pstubley

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:11 pm

The flying puppy was my favorite too! Thanks for the HM.

Peter

carol202

183rd Show & Tell Competition: Low Level Photography - WINNE

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Congrats to all the winners and thanks for HM. It's always an honor to receive any recognition amongst so many great photos.
Last edited by carol202 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gillk

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Love that flying dog ! Congratulations Jeff and other winners - and thanks Brad for the HM.
Gill

bclaypole

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 am

Jeff B. contacted me and unfortunately will not be able to host the new contest. He asked if, as the rules state, that 2nd place take over and handle the next one.
So Dominic Cantin it's up to you. I can no longer change the winner so I've sent an email to support to name you as winner and provide you with the 'new contest' link.

dominiccantin

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 am

bclaypole wrote:Jeff B. contacted me and unfortunately will not be able to host the new contest. He asked if, as the rules state, that 2nd place take over and handle the next one.
So Dominic Cantin it's up to you. I can no longer change the winner so I've sent an email to support to name you as winner and provide you with the 'new contest' link.

Hi Brad ,

I don't see the the "new contest" button yet but I'll wait until tuesday and if PBase don't provide it , I'll start the next contest manually on tuesday night.

Thanks for letting me know !

Dom :)

emmelafoto

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:51 am

Thank you so much for my 3rd place.
Congratulations to the winner!!!
Maaike

pascale_b

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Good choice! Amazing dog and photo.

heffa

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Many belated thanks to bclaypole for judging my photo the winner in this contest! I'm sorry I got pulled away and was unable to generate the next competition in a timely manner. Thanks to dominiccantin for stepping in and accepting that responsibility for me. And thanks to all for your flattering comments.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 183rd Show & Tell Competition: Low Level Photography - WINNER