Board index PBase Feature Requests Camera & Lens Database update

Feature Requests

Camera & Lens Database update

Request changes or modifications.
explorer

Camera & Lens Database update

Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:22 pm

I don't understand why PBase doesn't bother to update the camera database of other brands like Pentax. The Pentax K-5 which is the most important DSLR for this brand and is getting an excellent reviews from major sites like DPreview, DXOmark, Imaging Resource, etc. but I could not even see it listed here. I wanted to see some real life samples from those PBase users rather than going to Flickr and search some samples. Have you (PBase admins) realized that if the camera and lens database are updated traffic will increase in PBase and that would mean more possible paid subscribers? Everytime people try to put down PBase in popular photographic forums like DPReview forum I try to be the number defender of PBase and build a good image of this site. But how can I defend something that is true? :( Can you PBase owner/admins also help yourself by doing a proper job of updating the camera and lens database of other top 20 brands in photography?

update: I checked also the Canon database and the 60D is not also listed there! wow, PBase are you serious with your business?

To PBase owner/admins, don't you feel embarassed that the paid users here have to go to Flickr to browse sample photos of new camera because your database is outdated? Have you ever thought that they might as well move to that site because they discover something that your site is not offering?

explorer

Re: Camera & Lens Database update

Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:56 am

PBase has a bias against Pentax...the Canon 60D and Nikon D7000 are now included in the database...but the Pentax K-5 which got the Gold Award from DPReview (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk5/page21.asp) is nowhere in the list. I'm just wondering if PBase is really serious with Photo sharing business to people who are serious in photography and are willing to pay online space to share images.

ricardsonwilliams

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Please guys... insert below lenses:

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED
Nikon AF-S 28-300 f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

dw_thomas

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:49 pm

In official theory, requests (and links to illustrative photos) are supposed to be sent to cameras@pbase.com. There is no guarantee that requests here will be seen by anybody who can do anything. But then, my experience with emails to the above has not been a whole lot more successful; I did get one out of three or four requests through over the past year. :(

It would be nice if the management were a little more attentive to these details. The structure is already there and working - how much work is there to adding an item? (Uh, nevermind, maybe I don't want to know!)

DaveT

Board index PBase Feature Requests Camera & Lens Database update