Board index Equipment Film Cameras double exposure with anomaly

Film Cameras

double exposure with anomaly

rayblue

double exposure with anomaly

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 am

If anyone knows about anomalies on film I would like to have some questions answered.
In 1975 I took a photo of my mother and father in the backyard. This photo was double exposed upon a shot of me in the living room of their home. On the edges of the photo are faces that overlap one another. In the negative more faces appear that are not on the photo itself.
The faces are not on any of the other photos in the roll. And are not of anyone I or my parents knew.
Is it possible for this to have occurred naturally ?
Is it possible that I have the original first clear shot of .....what ?...
I'm quite serious about this and honestly seeking information.
thank you.
PS, The question I'm asking is if this could have happened in the darkroom or any other way.
To see the cropped area where the faces are, look at my "anomaly" gallery.
I'm going to try having a photo shop enlarge the other anomalies on the negative soon although
I would really prefer some brave soul here to help. This could turn out to be nothing but you never know.
I personally think I have captured something out of the ordinary.
And don't let the other photos in my galleries fool you into thinking I'm joking around with this photo. I know I'm not the usual photo bug.
But I wouldn't try to trick anyone knowingly.

thazooo

Re: double exposure with anomaly

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Some times 'things' show up in images, wanted or not. This shot the 'Thing' was Wanted to be shown.

http://www.pbase.com/thazooo/image/56320469

It'll all depends on what you believe. Most folks believe in spirits/ghosts yet few capture the real thing.
My Neg is untouched, as yours is. The fact that it's folks you don't know pretty much eliminates a problem
with development of the neg.
Enjoy the shot :-)

Dana

rayblue

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:52 am

thanks for responding, Dana.
I did side by side comparisons with faces that it resembled and found the closest match with Nandor Fodor.
In the years since, Fodor has been a link in a chain that has led me to some strange territory.
and it's not over yet. The older I get the more it resembles ME ! That's got to be a real kick in the teeth, eh ?
I viewed your photo and am impressed with your results also.
when and if I get the rest of the negative exposed I'll post the results. The other face on the neg is the same "person" but in color.
again thanks for your time and trouble.
Stacey.

thazooo

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:34 pm

I'll watch for your post.
I've got several Orb shots, mostly family which can't be posted on a public site. A few Mist shots and an Orb festival at the Lion King show at Disney Orlando.
Go Figure on that one......
I've gone several times to Vicksburg Battlefield to see it I could capture anything but it's never worked. Too much sun light.
It's interesting to note that Digi's can capture the phenomena as well as film.

Dana

Board index Equipment Film Cameras double exposure with anomaly