Board index PBase Show and Tell 205th Show & Tell Competition: Pastel - WINNER

Show and Tell

205th Show & Tell Competition: Pastel - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
grompem

niekirk

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

There was a good turn-out. Thank you everyone for submitting.

Honorable mentions in no particular order:

I liked the retro style of this picture and the very pastel colors.

Nice mood and composition.

This is a fantastic capture that I am sure will win some show&tell competition some day. I just wasn't as pastel as the winners...

Beautiful colors and interesting composition.

A great image. The composition has nice diagonal tension in it. The color theme is almost monochrome, not quite as rich as some of the others.

I was attracted to images that had a rich spectrum of pastel colors. With the front runners I had a hard time deciding between 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but in the end, I thought that Malcolm Niekirk's image captured the focus on color best.

3rd place: A spectacular landscape made from pastel sands. In addition to the colors the texture is beautiful as well.

2nd place: Beautiful colors and framing. As in the winning image, the softness of focus enhances the pastel theme.

And the winner is:

For me this picture best represents the theme. The colors are subtle and creamy. The softness of the focus harmonizes the muted colors. The picture is also slightly mysterious since it is not clear what the yellow object in the front really is...

terrybowker

Re: 205th Show & Tell Competition: Pastel - WINNER

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Markus very nice contest and great selections! Congratulations Malcolm and all of the winners! Thanks for the HM!

Cheers,

Terry

fishit

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 am

Markus this was a good selection for topics. You had some very hard choices but you chose well.
Great contest and congrats to the winners, and HM all well deserving.

emmelafoto

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:33 am

You made really wonderful choices. I am very honoured to be amongst them with my 2nd place.Thank you!
Malcolm: congratulations!
Maaike

kzaret

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Great topic Markus and a lot of people showed up for this one. Thanks for the HM.

m_hauss

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks for the hm and congratulations to all the winners!

niekirk

205th Show & Tell Competition: Pastel - WINNER

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Markus - many thanks for running this contest. It introduced me to some fascinating work from talented photographers, and I congratulate those others placed and winning HMs.

I think I've almost decided on the theme for the next contest, and will post it shortly.

Malcolm

Board index PBase Show and Tell 205th Show & Tell Competition: Pastel - WINNER